computer keeps rebooting

June 6, 2005 2:47:02 AM

I have just installed a mf450 printer from philips and i,ve noticed that the
computer keeps rebooting on its own,then i get system error messages
like,c:\docmume~1\documents and settings\temp\weree24.dir00\mini060505-03.dmp
or with sysdata.xml on the end
i,ve sent error reports and my radeon 9600 was mentioned
i,ve contacted my hardware vendor for help but to no avail.
i,m using windows xp i.
is ther anybody out there that can help otherwise there,s a printer going
cheap

More about : computer rebooting

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 3:02:22 PM

Hi *prosac2003* :

> I have just installed a mf450 printer from philips and i,ve noticed that the
> computer keeps rebooting on its own,then i get system error messages
> like,c:\docmume~1\documents and settings\temp\weree24.dir00\mini060505-03.dmp
> or with sysdata.xml on the end
> i,ve sent error reports and my radeon 9600 was mentioned
> i,ve contacted my hardware vendor for help but to no avail.
> i,m using windows xp i.
> is ther anybody out there that can help otherwise there,s a printer going
> cheap

1)
Your computer reboot because there is an error (may be) with one driver
and the reboot protect Windows against damages...

2)
You can modify this W xp behavior and uncheck the option "restart" in
the control panel | system | advanced...
Instead of having this reboot you'll have a "nice" Blue Screen Of Death :-D

3)
To check the result of the crash at MS (when you send an error report)
check this site :o nline Crash Analysis.
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/

4)
Check for drivers errors and update:

Start | Run | devmgmt.msc

a)
Devices error codes
http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=310123

b)
to find the most recent drivers:
Microsoft:
http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/results.aspx?bcatId=3...
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displayl...
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/drivers/de...
or
www.driverfiles.net [Eng.]
or
[Fr.]
www.eu.microsoft.com/france/telechargements/drivers/def...
www.touslesdrivers.com
www.clubic.com/pilotes.html

:)
--
Claude LaFrenière [MVP] :-)

«My Principal Design Was To Inform, Not To Amuse Thee.»
Lemuel Gulliver, The Travels (IV:12)
http://climenole.serendipia.net
!