Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Connection
  • Servers
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
January 27, 2012 11:06:00 AM

hey guys,

what are the cod4 mw mods for? in mp when i connect to certain servers, it downloads mod files. i have no idea what they are for, how they enhance gameplay. sometimes after a few batches of mod files downloads, it gets interrupted: cod4mw app crashes. there are a few mods available in the mp mod list.

any ideas?

More about : cod4 mods

January 27, 2012 11:11:24 AM

When the host of a match has a modded map, you have to download the map before you can play it. The download may get interrupted if the host exits the match or game.
Score
January 27, 2012 11:18:59 AM

silverliquicity said:
When the host of a match has a modded map, you have to download the map before you can play it. The download may get interrupted if the host exits the match or game.

its not a big deal is it if the download gets interupted? i can still play tho. upon launching one of the mods before joining server, i noticed that the movement is much faster. one of the perks of a mod?
Score
Related resources

Best solution

January 27, 2012 11:34:15 AM

Na if the download is interrupted it will delete the files it downloaded.

A mod could be anything from from infinite ammo to an imported map from a different game. be careful what servers you join as you have no idea what files exactly you are downloading.
January 27, 2012 12:17:09 PM

silverliquicity said:
Na if the download is interrupted it will delete the files it downloaded.

A mod could be anything from from infinite ammo to an imported map from a different game. be careful what servers you join as you have no idea what files exactly you are downloading.

thanks for the help and advice doc. i don't play most servers too. all seems cool for now.
Score
January 27, 2012 12:17:59 PM

Best answer selected by forumfan_920.
Score
January 27, 2012 12:36:26 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!