Hi Guys and Gals
I posted this in the general groupe at 5:30 pm today, must be kinda busy
over there cause my message isn't posted yet, so i will try here.
Can you get a virus from another person useing windows messenger ?
My Niece has a couple viruses on her pc and i want to help her via the
windows messenger.
Thanks

--
Carl G

"Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
> Hi Guys and Gals
> I posted this in the general groupe at 5:30 pm today, must be kinda busy
> over there cause my message isn't posted yet, so i will try here.
> Can you get a virus from another person useing windows messenger ?
> My Niece has a couple viruses on her pc and i want to help her via the
> windows messenger.
> Thanks
>
> --
> Carl G

There are many virii that attempt to spread through Messenger. Before doing
this make sure you have the latest version of messenger. Make sure your
antivirus program is up to date and set to autoscan. Do not click on any
links or open any files that may appear when you are helping her. If you
follow these guidelines you won't get any of the currently known virii.

Kerry

"Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote:

>I posted this in the general groupe at 5:30 pm today, must be kinda busy
>over there cause my message isn't posted yet, so i will try here.
>Can you get a virus from another person useing windows messenger ?
>My Niece has a couple viruses on her pc and i want to help her via the
>windows messenger.

No, you can't. Unless you transfer files from the other computer to
yours. Scan such files as soon as possible to avoid infecting your
machine.

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233

Thank you verry much

--
Carl G
"Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
> "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote:
>
>>I posted this in the general groupe at 5:30 pm today, must be kinda busy
>>over there cause my message isn't posted yet, so i will try here.
>>Can you get a virus from another person useing windows messenger ?
>>My Niece has a couple viruses on her pc and i want to help her via the
>>windows messenger.
>
> No, you can't. Unless you transfer files from the other computer to
> yours. Scan such files as soon as possible to avoid infecting your
> machine.
>
> --
> (tm)
> ICQ: 192649233