hard drive memory remaining and...

I'm getting the message "dangerously low on memory in drive C" Where do I
go to see how much is left? I was told if the memory gets too low then the
computer will lock up and if I restart it will lock up in which case I will
loose everything because I will have to reformat. Is this correct? Seems
there should be a safeguard against this sort of thing.
--
tom cory
1 answer Last reply

    To see what you have left: Start > My Computer > right-click on the icon for
    your C: drive > select Properties. You'll see a pie chart showing used and
    free space.

    It's impossible to predict exactly what will happen if you run out of space
    on a hard disk, but locking up is certainly a possibility.

    The safeguard is the message you saw. You are responsible for maintaining
    your computer.

    To free up disk space, consider the options offered by the Disk Cleanup
    Wizard: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup.
    --
    Ted Zieglar
    "You can do it if you try."

    "tom cory" <tomcory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm getting the message "dangerously low on memory in drive C" Where do
    > go to see how much is left? I was told if the memory gets too low then
    the
    > computer will lock up and if I restart it will lock up in which case I
    will
    > loose everything because I will have to reformat. Is this correct? Seems
    > there should be a safeguard against this sort of thing.
    > --
    > tom cory

Memory Microsoft Hard Drives Windows XP