I'm getting the message "dangerously low on memory in drive C" Where do I
go to see how much is left? I was told if the memory gets too low then the
computer will lock up and if I restart it will lock up in which case I will
loose everything because I will have to reformat. Is this correct? Seems
there should be a safeguard against this sort of thing.
--
tom cory

To see what you have left: Start > My Computer > right-click on the icon for
your C: drive > select Properties. You'll see a pie chart showing used and
free space.

It's impossible to predict exactly what will happen if you run out of space
on a hard disk, but locking up is certainly a possibility.

The safeguard is the message you saw. You are responsible for maintaining
your computer.

To free up disk space, consider the options offered by the Disk Cleanup
Wizard: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup.
--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."