Explorer responds lsowly when connected to network

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Hi,

My office system - Win XP SP2 ; 1.GHz 512MB RAM - is connected to LAN.

Whenever I right-click on a file, or double-click to open it, the response
time is *very* slow : takes almost 40 - 80 seconds.

I noticed that this happens only when I'm connected to the network.

I have tried virus scans, defragmenting, resizing page size, cleaning up the
hard-disk, but no improvement.

That's when I figured out the network criterion.

Thing is, my colleague's computer, with the same configuration work
perfectly fine, when connected to the same network.

I'm flummoxed!

Please help!

Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm

--
Ramesh Srinivasan
MS-MVP, Windows Shell