Closed

SWTOR Help?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
January 22, 2012 4:37:19 PM

How is the game? I have never really played a true mmo, so would it be a good game to start on? Is it worth paying $15 per month?

More about : swtor

January 22, 2012 10:21:25 PM

I have never really played a true MMO and I have been looking at SWTOR... I think it looks pretty good so I was wondering if I should play another MMO to see if I like it or just buy it... so what do you think? Do you think SWTOR is a good game? If I should try something else before buying SWTOR, what is it?
Score
January 23, 2012 2:19:00 AM

wow is free to lvl 20. play it an if you like it tor basicly is wow in space but with a halfway interesting story
Score
Related resources
January 23, 2012 5:26:15 AM

Quote:
I have never really played a true MMO and I have been looking at SWTOR... I think it looks pretty good so I was wondering if I should play another MMO to see if I like it or just buy it... so what do you think? Do you think SWTOR is a good game? If I should try something else before buying SWTOR, what is it?

If you're into Star Wars universe, I suppose you could check it out. But as tjosborne already mentioned, you could try World of Warcraft's free version (up to level 20) and see if you feel like playing any MMO's.
Score
January 23, 2012 7:16:05 AM

Or the Star Trek MMO now has a free to play option as well.... there are a few options out there to try before you waste money on something you dont like :) 
Score
January 23, 2012 8:52:21 AM

Like tjosborne and Eldd have already mentioned, playing World of Warcraft for free up to level 20 will give you a good idea of what MMOs are like. Unfortunately, The Old Republic does not have a F2P trial.

If after playing World of Warcraft to level 20 you like the look of MMOs and you're a fan of Star Wars, I would recommend playing Star Wars The Old Republic. However after getting to level 20 in WoW, you may just want to carry on with WoW.
Score
January 23, 2012 2:07:23 PM

Well try the free ones first, but if you're a fan of Star Wars, you can't go wrong with SWTOR, you'll love it.
Score
January 23, 2012 4:26:48 PM

As a whole the game does have it's glitches, hangups, OP moments, and WTF? moments. But what alot of people seem to complane about is trivial in some <----- some since.

The Character Based story lines you run, I have found to be loads of fun, and intresting insites into diffent storys other then some games. While some may end up being boring for some, others will find it to be great fun when there playing a game for the story not just "WHEN DO I GET TO MAX LVL, PVP, PWN nOObs etc"

And they are still going through the growing pains (patches needed) that any other game that starts up went through (yes i'm talkin about WOW). but give it some time and im sure Bioware will iron out alot of the serious flaws in the game.

Is it worth $15 a month, maybe, although i have never been one for MMO's just for that reason, but i'm still in it. just depends on your friends, how you take the community, and other what not.
Score
January 25, 2012 7:53:25 PM

I am thinking about purchasing SWTOR and I just wanted to know how good the game is so far? I have not played MMO's that much except like WOW but would SWTOR be a good MMO to start off with in my situation? Also I will be getting it at the store because I have a gift card so will it still come with a free month of multiplayer? Is it worth paying $15 a month for it?
Score
January 28, 2012 4:54:03 AM

I am now a level 11 and I just became a Shadow in my advanced class for a Jedi Consular and I cant find my Dual Bladed LightSaber. I have checked through and it is not there... so where is it? What is it called?
Score
January 28, 2012 2:41:14 PM

Quote:
I am now a level 11 and I just became a Shadow in my advanced class for a Jedi Consular and I cant find my Dual Bladed LightSaber. I have checked through and it is not there... so where is it? What is it called?

It is not in my inventory or anywhere... so do you have to buy it somewhere or what?
Score
January 28, 2012 2:56:20 PM

As far as I've read about it, this item should be in your inventory; but since you say it's not there, I think you should ask a GM in-game, or some fellow players.
Score
January 28, 2012 4:27:46 PM

My Quest Object says "Scan The Black Sun Smugglers" and so Im here and I see the the black sun smugglers but how do you scan them?
Score
January 28, 2012 5:41:21 PM

Penley54 said:
My Quest Object says "Scan The Black Sun Smugglers" and so Im here and I see the the black sun smugglers but how do you scan them?

I think you will have a much better chance to find the answer to those SWTOR-related questions on the game's forum, asking there, or reading some game's wiki or something, because this isn't really the best place to ask such in-depth questions, I believe.
Score

Best solution

January 28, 2012 7:29:19 PM

I guess you need to use some sort of quest item, so check your inventory for it. SWTOR has an extra inventory tab for quest items.
January 28, 2012 9:12:09 PM

Best answer selected by PENLEY54.
Score
January 28, 2012 9:12:48 PM

whatsthatnoise said:
I guess you need to use some sort of quest item, so check your inventory for it. SWTOR has an extra inventory tab for quest items.

Thank you... you were right, it was in the mission part of the inventory.
Score
January 28, 2012 9:41:58 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
January 29, 2012 3:52:37 PM

Does Origin show you how many hours you have played a Game? The Game I specifically want to see is Star Wars The Old Republic, so is there any way to see how much I have played that Game?
Score
January 30, 2012 1:04:04 PM

When you selected your advanced class you will have received a container/bag which contains your item. You just need to right-click it to open and retrieve said item.
Score
January 30, 2012 5:16:43 PM

Quote:
When you selected your advanced class you will have received a container/bag which contains your item. You just need to right-click it to open and retrieve said item.

THIS ...its in a bag in your bag.
Score
January 31, 2012 3:14:15 AM

Origin doesn't track your gameplay times. Unlike steam, you can run almost any game origin installs completely independently of the Origin client itself, with a few exceptions, like Battlefield 3, although I think you can even do that, if you're willing to work at it a bit, so there's no way to ensure such data would be reliable.
Score
February 1, 2012 3:39:39 PM

This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • Swtor?
  • Is SWTOR a good MMO starter?
  • Is SWTOR a good MMO?
  • Where is my Double Bladed LightSaber in SWTOR?
  • Origin Help?
    Score
    !