Error - HI-SPEED USB Device Plugged into non-HI-SPEED USB ..

Hi,

I am getting the following error:

HI-SPEED USB Device Plugged into non-HI-SPEED USB Hub. A HI-SPEED USB device
is plugged into a non-HI-SPEED USB hub.

I just bought the USB 2.0 hardware and wasn't able to install the driver. I
have checked and where it is plugged in is called "Enhanced ..." so it must
be USB 2.0. Just think the driver is wrong. I have tried 'updating driver'
but said that I had the most up to date driver already installed.

I had a look in help/ support centre and they said it was a problem with XP
but should have been fixed with SP1, SP1a and SP2. I am running SP2.

Any ideas???

Thanks

More about error speed device plugged speed

    Does this apply?
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ef6c21b9-ebe1-4c5b-9dd4-5c0eb387311e&DisplayLang=en

    "Bridz" <Bridz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am getting the following error:
    >
    > HI-SPEED USB Device Plugged into non-HI-SPEED USB Hub. A HI-SPEED USB
    > device
    > is plugged into a non-HI-SPEED USB hub.
    >
    > I just bought the USB 2.0 hardware and wasn't able to install the driver.
    > have checked and where it is plugged in is called "Enhanced ..." so it
    > must
    > be USB 2.0. Just think the driver is wrong. I have tried 'updating driver'
    > but said that I had the most up to date driver already installed.
    >
    > I had a look in help/ support centre and they said it was a problem with
    > XP
    > but should have been fixed with SP1, SP1a and SP2. I am running SP2.
    >
    > Any ideas???
    >
    > Thanks

    Thanks for the reply Phoenix. I tried to download but won't let me on my
    computer.
    "WEUpdate cannot retrieve information needed for setup from database. Setup
    cannot continue."

    Any other ideas?

    "Phoenix" wrote:

    > Does this apply?
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ef6c21b9-ebe1-4c5b-9dd4-5c0eb387311e&DisplayLang=en
    >
    > "Bridz" <Bridz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I am getting the following error:
    > >
    > > HI-SPEED USB Device Plugged into non-HI-SPEED USB Hub. A HI-SPEED USB
    > > device
    > > is plugged into a non-HI-SPEED USB hub.
    > >
    > > I just bought the USB 2.0 hardware and wasn't able to install the driver.
    > > have checked and where it is plugged in is called "Enhanced ..." so it
    > > must
    > > be USB 2.0. Just think the driver is wrong. I have tried 'updating driver'
    > > but said that I had the most up to date driver already installed.
    > >
    > > I had a look in help/ support centre and they said it was a problem with
    > > XP
    > > but should have been fixed with SP1, SP1a and SP2. I am running SP2.
    > >
    > > Any ideas???
    > >
    > > Thanks

    How to turn off the “Hi-speed USB device plugged into non-hi-speed USB
    hub” warning message.
    'Error Message'
    (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;835967)
    Best,