Error - HI-SPEED USB Device Plugged into non-HI-SPEED USB ..

June 9, 2005 6:16:05 AM

Hi,

I am getting the following error:

HI-SPEED USB Device Plugged into non-HI-SPEED USB Hub. A HI-SPEED USB device
is plugged into a non-HI-SPEED USB hub.

I just bought the USB 2.0 hardware and wasn't able to install the driver. I
have checked and where it is plugged in is called "Enhanced ..." so it must
be USB 2.0. Just think the driver is wrong. I have tried 'updating driver'
but said that I had the most up to date driver already installed.

I had a look in help/ support centre and they said it was a problem with XP
but should have been fixed with SP1, SP1a and SP2. I am running SP2.

Any ideas???

Thanks

June 10, 2005 7:25:59 AM

Does this apply?

"Bridz" <Bridz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am getting the following error:
>
> HI-SPEED USB Device Plugged into non-HI-SPEED USB Hub. A HI-SPEED USB
> device
> is plugged into a non-HI-SPEED USB hub.
>
> I just bought the USB 2.0 hardware and wasn't able to install the driver.
> have checked and where it is plugged in is called "Enhanced ..." so it
> must
> be USB 2.0. Just think the driver is wrong. I have tried 'updating driver'
> but said that I had the most up to date driver already installed.
>
> I had a look in help/ support centre and they said it was a problem with
> XP
> but should have been fixed with SP1, SP1a and SP2. I am running SP2.
>
> Any ideas???
>
> Thanks

June 10, 2005 8:12:01 PM

Thanks for the reply Phoenix. I tried to download but won't let me on my
computer.
"WEUpdate cannot retrieve information needed for setup from database. Setup
cannot continue."

Any other ideas?

"Phoenix" wrote:

> Does this apply?
>
> "Bridz" <Bridz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am getting the following error:
> >
> > HI-SPEED USB Device Plugged into non-HI-SPEED USB Hub. A HI-SPEED USB
> > device
> > is plugged into a non-HI-SPEED USB hub.
> >
> > I just bought the USB 2.0 hardware and wasn't able to install the driver.
> > have checked and where it is plugged in is called "Enhanced ..." so it
> > must
> > be USB 2.0. Just think the driver is wrong. I have tried 'updating driver'
> > but said that I had the most up to date driver already installed.
> >
> > I had a look in help/ support centre and they said it was a problem with
> > XP
> > but should have been fixed with SP1, SP1a and SP2. I am running SP2.
> >
> > Any ideas???
> >
> > Thanks

June 11, 2005 3:04:40 PM

How to turn off the “Hi-speed USB device plugged into non-hi-speed USB
hub” warning message.
'Error Message'
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;835967)
Best,