Enermax EG651P-VE comp. with Asus A8N SLI Deluxe?

Dredd

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2002
I have an Enermax EG651P-VE 650W power supply and I'm wanting to upgrade my computer, starting with an Asus A8N SLI Deluxe. Will my power supply connect to this motherboard? If not, is there any way to adapt this power supply to a newer mobo like the A8N?

Thanks,
Dredd

alixnew

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2005
How are you? This is Alix Niu from Enermax Marketing Dept., we have come to know your question from Tom's hardware community and in order to answer your question, please kindly let us know the mainpower of EG651P-VE PSU you have, is 20 pin or 24 pin first? Also, please kindly let us know the serial number (S/N: xxxxxxxxxxx sticker above Label Marking) of EG651P-VE PSU you have for our follow up as well.
If your VGA Card is ASUS 6600 Series,the PSU can be supported.

Finally, looking forward to have your reply soon. Thanks and have a nice day.

BR
Alix
Marketing Dept.
Enermax Technology Corporation

Dredd

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2002
Hello Alix, thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "mainpower", but it has a 20 pin connector.

S/N: 2A90900767

I was wanting to know if the PSU can be used with an ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe, which is a motherboard, not a VGA card.

Thanks,
Dredd

alixnew

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2005
Dear Dredd,

Good day.
Thanks your reply!The power connector/header of ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe M/B is 24-pin.

We offer suggestions as below:

1.You can buy a 20 to 24 transfer cable (could be called adaptor) to connect your PSU's to A8N SLI Deluxe M/B and support it with more 12V current, because compared to 20-pin header the 4 more pins are 12V x1 , +3.3V x 1, and ground x 2.

2. If one day you would like to upgrade the graphics card to performance PCI-E with GPU like nVidia 6800Ultra or ATi X800-XT, you'll have to buy another transfer cable that uses 2 4-pin molex adapting to a 6-pin connector to support "one" performance PCI Express x16 card. If you want to implement SLI with dual "performance graphics cards"then", you'll have to buy two adaptors.

Thanks and have a nice day.

BR
Alix
Marketing Dept.
Enermax Technology Corporation