duplicate local profiles

June 9, 2005 3:56:03 PM

Our workstations up at the office are loaded with XP Pro.They are connected
to our Netware 5.1 network. Many of the computers have duplicate local
profiles, such as barry.001, barry.002, barry.003, etc. I know of one user
that has at least 10 local profiles. What causes an additional local profile
to be created? I'm not sure if the duplicate profiles are a problem or not.
What can I do about them? Thanks.

Barry
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 5:39:06 PM

The odd case is usually the result of profile corruption. If this happens
methodically then it may be incorrect permissions on the \default user
profile which has migrated to the user. The \default user profile should
have local machine 'Everyone' full control permissions.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]