Bf3 on pc with Xbox controller, reduce dead spots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xxsjxx

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
Has anyone found a way to get rid of the dead zone in the middle of the joysticks in bf3? There's no dead zone when I use it on my Xbox playing mw3

Solution

Congratulations on that excellent bit of help, I'm sure that helped him tremendously.

Xxsjxx have you tried any of these?

[flash=640,480]http://www.youtube.com/v/Bz9JoP8Oe1g[/flash]

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1446050-fix-joystick-deadzone-issues.html
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1445419-bf3-saitek-x52.html#post20233034
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1445419-bf3-saitek-x52.html#post20531169

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

No offense dude, but if you are using a gamepad to play BF3 on PC, then dead spots are the least of your problems...

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

Congratulations on that excellent bit of help, I'm sure that helped him tremendously.

Xxsjxx have you tried any of these?

[flash=640,480]http://www.youtube.com/v/Bz9JoP8Oe1g[/flash]

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1446050-fix-joystick-deadzone-issues.html
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1445419-bf3-saitek-x52.html#post20233034
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1445419-bf3-saitek-x52.html#post20531169

Solution

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

To be honest, I actually was trying to help him.

Playing BF3 with a gamepad is just not logical, and by almost anyone's standard.

His question is the equivalent of someone asking:

"When I fight with one hand tied behind my back, I get these terrible cramps in my shoulder. Any suggestions on how to remedy these cramps?"

BF3 is best played with a mouse and keyboard, unless he wants to severely gimp himself.

No, I think I will stick with my original advice, thank you.

Just because my advice isn't what he wants to hear, doesn't mean it is not the correct advice.

In fact, my advice is the only advice any serious PC gamer could give him concerning this.

The general consensus to which is so totally obvious that to argue it's validity would be a colossal waste of time.

Thanks, but no thanks.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

So you implicitly support playing FPS games on PC with a controller then? Because that is one of the most intellectually bankrupt concepts I have seen on any forum in quite a long time.

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
Did either of you consider he may be using a controller to pilot jets and helicopters like many BF3 players do?

And if he isn't...so what? Thats his prerogative.

People can play their games on their computers however they like, evan if you disagree with it. I don't know why it bothers you so much.

Implicitly?...I think you need to look up the meaning of the world implicitly casualcolors... I didn't imply anything. I am merely offering help, it is not my place to judge how people play their games, nor it is your place to do so either.

Whats an "intellectually bankrupt concept" casualcolors?....giving somebody advice on the question they asked, instead of criticizing them?...

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

The intellectually bankrupt part of the concept is the part where you aren't taking the time to advise someone against using a controller in a game without aim-assistance. I realize that you're lashing out like a 13 year old because you've taken the weakest stance possible to remain diametrically opposed to PC Gamer's posts in every way (which is painfully sophomoric on your part). Furthermore, have you considered that maybe I'm extremely good at battlefield, and that I've tried a controller in vehicles and already seen how horrendous the analog thumbsticks translate into controls vs. other competitive players using (mostly) mouse and keyboard, and some on flightsticks?

And I'm not sure why you want to start the name calling, other than feeling uncomfortable with your own position in the thread (which is virtually indefensible), but between the 2 of us I'm guessing that I'm not the moron, and I'm guessing that you're not the one who has been playing games for 30 years and I'm definitely guessing that you're not the one who has played games for money.

To be honest, after endlessly coming across posts where all you do is bash PC Gamer for having an opinion on any given topic over the last few weeks, I have no idea what you are even trying to accomplish. You sound like an utter child.

And when you criticize advice like telling someone to avoid using a game controller for Battlefield 3, you are implicitly supporting the use of a controller in Battlefield 3, which I'm sorry but reflects only the absolute worst level of gameplay.

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
I considered that he might be using it for that purpose, seeing as how the vehicles can be difficult for some using the mouse and keyboard.

However, the fact that most players who use separate peripherals for Battlefield opt for a flight stick, combined with the fact that he mentioned MW3 on Xbox (as well as the fact that he didn't specify), led me to conclude that he is using the gamepad exclusively.

It doesn't bother me. He came to us asking advice. Just because it's not exactly the type of advice he was looking for does not necessarily negate it's purposefulness.

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

Thanks for noticing.

Once I figured him out he lost the ability to bother me.

RussK1

Splendid
He came to us asking advice.

No, he didn't... he came to Tom's Hardware for advice so get it right. To talk of egotistical megalomania!

If he wanted the "GAMEPAD" police I think he would have asked for the "GAMEPAD" police.

Has anyone found a way to get rid of the dead zone in the middle of the joysticks in bf3? There's no dead zone when I use it on my Xbox playing mw3

[flash=640,360]http://www.youtube.com/v/Bz9JoP8Oe1g?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]

Just something I found to help you out, and not stray OT criticizing how someone decides to play a game on a pc that they paid for.

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

By "us", I meant those of us on Tom's Hardware that actually responded.

I was just trying to give him the best advice possible.

Just because I gave advice that wasn't specific to his question, doesn't discredit the advice; just because I didn't tell him what he wanted to hear, doesn't mean it wasn't what he needed to hear.

Whether he takes the advice is ultimately up to him. But don't try and moderate the intent and/or relevance of another's two cents - it paints you in an unfavorable light.

Just some friendly advice (that you didn't ask for).

Xxsjxx

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
Yes I use the controller for multiplayer FPS gun battles and even with the dead spots present I do fine, usually in the middle of the pack, going positive or at least even. I don't like keyboard and mouse for fps because it feels clunky, I need to hunch over and sit uncomfortably. I have my PC hooked up to my 42" LCD and I sit on my couch. I play for fun/entertainment.

Xxsjxx

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011

I'd like to thank you for being the only person to actually try and help me haha. I think the 3rd link might be what I'm lookin for because the first 2 just refer to jet flying. People don't realize that half of the battle is strategy. As long as I'm not face to face with someone, then I have an advantage regardless of what I'm using.

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

Your welcome hope it helps.

No need to explain yourself, certain people on here have delusions of grandeur. Take no notice.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

I can only presume that you are so defensive and obviously intimidated by PC Gamer because you are worried that he is going to occupy your position as the worst contributor on the site. But he's no threat, trust me.

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

Funny that, because the OP just thanked me for being the only person to help him...

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

I guess that I could acknowledge some measure of value in that if it wasn't for:

A. Your recent track record of awful posts aimed at doing nothing but trolling PC Gamer

B. The fact that you were helping a person use a controller in a PC FPS title

How about you just relax in general toward other people on this forum before you become as invested in arguing as you are in your misspelled forum name.

There is nothing wrong with playing with a controller, many do! Do not forget that most new games are designed for consoles (controller control as default) and then recoded for PC's.

I have used a controller in a PC FPS title, would you like to fight me about that?

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

1. You're very protective over PC gamer, I'm sure he doesn't need you to hold his hand and fight his battles for him.

2. There is nothing wrong with using a controller.

3. The OPs question has been answered, why are you still trollin this thread?

4. If you want to be useful on this forum might I suggest you stop criticizing people, stop being egotistical and start positively contributing and maybe, just maybe, you might be able to help someone answer their question. You never know, you may start being useful on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.