Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Bf3 on pc with Xbox controller, reduce dead spots?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 29, 2012 6:26:46 AM

Has anyone found a way to get rid of the dead zone in the middle of the joysticks in bf3? There's no dead zone when I use it on my Xbox playing mw3
January 29, 2012 7:49:16 AM

have you checked the config files...
Score
0
January 29, 2012 7:51:19 AM

Xxsjxx said:
Has anyone found a way to get rid of the dead zone in the middle of the joysticks in bf3? There's no dead zone when I use it on my Xbox playing mw3


No offense dude, but if you are using a gamepad to play BF3 on PC, then dead spots are the least of your problems...
Score
0
Related resources

Best solution

January 29, 2012 10:35:25 AM

PCgamer81 said:
No offense dude, but if you are using a gamepad to play BF3 on PC, then dead spots are the least of your problems...


Congratulations on that excellent bit of help, I'm sure that helped him tremendously.

Xxsjxx have you tried any of these?




http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/144...
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/144...
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/144...


Share
January 29, 2012 12:53:05 PM

Gothams Finest said:
Congratulations on that excellent bit of help, I'm sure that helped him tremendously.

Xxsjxx have you tried any of these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz9JoP8Oe1g
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/144...
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/144...
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/144...


To be honest, I actually was trying to help him.

Playing BF3 with a gamepad is just not logical, and by almost anyone's standard.

His question is the equivalent of someone asking:

"When I fight with one hand tied behind my back, I get these terrible cramps in my shoulder. Any suggestions on how to remedy these cramps?"

BF3 is best played with a mouse and keyboard, unless he wants to severely gimp himself.

No, I think I will stick with my original advice, thank you.

Just because my advice isn't what he wants to hear, doesn't mean it is not the correct advice.

In fact, my advice is the only advice any serious PC gamer could give him concerning this.

The general consensus to which is so totally obvious that to argue it's validity would be a colossal waste of time.

Thanks, but no thanks.
Score
0
January 29, 2012 1:15:53 PM

Gothams Finest said:
Congratulations on that excellent bit of help, I'm sure that helped him tremendously.


So you implicitly support playing FPS games on PC with a controller then? Because that is one of the most intellectually bankrupt concepts I have seen on any forum in quite a long time.
Score
0
January 29, 2012 2:12:51 PM

Did either of you consider he may be using a controller to pilot jets and helicopters like many BF3 players do?

And if he isn't...so what? Thats his prerogative.

People can play their games on their computers however they like, evan if you disagree with it. I don't know why it bothers you so much.

Implicitly?...I think you need to look up the meaning of the world implicitly casualcolors... I didn't imply anything. I am merely offering help, it is not my place to judge how people play their games, nor it is your place to do so either.

Whats an "intellectually bankrupt concept" casualcolors?....giving somebody advice on the question they asked, instead of criticizing them?...

Score
0
January 29, 2012 2:25:39 PM

Gothams Finest said:
Did either of you consider he may be using a controller to pilot jets and helicopters like many BF3 players do?

And if he isn't...so what? Thats his prerogative.

People can play their games on their computers however they like, evan if you disagree with it. I don't know why it bothers you so much.

Implicitly?...I think you need to look up the meaning of the world implicitly casualcolors... I didn't imply anything. I am mearly offering help, it is not my place to judge how people play their games, nor it is your place to do so either.

Whats an "intellectually bankrupt concept" casualcolors?....giving somebody advice on the question they asked, instead of criticizing them?...



The intellectually bankrupt part of the concept is the part where you aren't taking the time to advise someone against using a controller in a game without aim-assistance. I realize that you're lashing out like a 13 year old because you've taken the weakest stance possible to remain diametrically opposed to PC Gamer's posts in every way (which is painfully sophomoric on your part). Furthermore, have you considered that maybe I'm extremely good at battlefield, and that I've tried a controller in vehicles and already seen how horrendous the analog thumbsticks translate into controls vs. other competitive players using (mostly) mouse and keyboard, and some on flightsticks?

And I'm not sure why you want to start the name calling, other than feeling uncomfortable with your own position in the thread (which is virtually indefensible), but between the 2 of us I'm guessing that I'm not the moron, and I'm guessing that you're not the one who has been playing games for 30 years and I'm definitely guessing that you're not the one who has played games for money.

To be honest, after endlessly coming across posts where all you do is bash PC Gamer for having an opinion on any given topic over the last few weeks, I have no idea what you are even trying to accomplish. You sound like an utter child.

And when you criticize advice like telling someone to avoid using a game controller for Battlefield 3, you are implicitly supporting the use of a controller in Battlefield 3, which I'm sorry but reflects only the absolute worst level of gameplay.
Score
0
January 29, 2012 2:33:41 PM

Gothams Finest said:
Did either of you consider he may be using a controller to pilot jets and helicopters like many BF3 players do?
I considered that he might be using it for that purpose, seeing as how the vehicles can be difficult for some using the mouse and keyboard.

However, the fact that most players who use separate peripherals for Battlefield opt for a flight stick, combined with the fact that he mentioned MW3 on Xbox (as well as the fact that he didn't specify), led me to conclude that he is using the gamepad exclusively.

Gothams Finest said:
And if he isn't...so what? Thats his prerogative.

People can play their games on their computers however they like, evan if you disagree with it. I don't know why it bothers you so much.
It doesn't bother me. He came to us asking advice. Just because it's not exactly the type of advice he was looking for does not necessarily negate it's purposefulness.




Score
0
January 29, 2012 2:37:07 PM

casualcolors said:
To be honest, after endlessly coming across posts where all you do is bash PC Gamer for having an opinion on any given topic over the last few weeks, I have no idea what you are even trying to accomplish. You sound like an utter child.


Thanks for noticing.

Once I figured him out he lost the ability to bother me.
Score
0
January 29, 2012 3:20:50 PM

Quote:
He came to us asking advice.


No, he didn't... he came to Tom's Hardware for advice so get it right. To talk of egotistical megalomania!

If he wanted the "GAMEPAD" police I think he would have asked for the "GAMEPAD" police.


Quote:
Has anyone found a way to get rid of the dead zone in the middle of the joysticks in bf3? There's no dead zone when I use it on my Xbox playing mw3




Just something I found to help you out, and not stray OT criticizing how someone decides to play a game on a pc that they paid for.
Score
0
January 29, 2012 3:33:26 PM

RussK1 said:
Quote:
He came to us asking advice.


No, he didn't... he came to Tom's Hardware for advice so get it right. To talk of egotistical megalomania!

If he wanted the "GAMEPAD" police I think he would have asked for the "GAMEPAD" police.

Just something I found to help you out, and not stray OT criticizing how someone decides to play a game on a pc that they paid for.


By "us", I meant those of us on Tom's Hardware that actually responded.

I was just trying to give him the best advice possible.

Just because I gave advice that wasn't specific to his question, doesn't discredit the advice; just because I didn't tell him what he wanted to hear, doesn't mean it wasn't what he needed to hear.

Whether he takes the advice is ultimately up to him. But don't try and moderate the intent and/or relevance of another's two cents - it paints you in an unfavorable light.

Just some friendly advice (that you didn't ask for).
Score
0
January 29, 2012 3:39:25 PM

Quote:
Just some friendly advice (that you didn't ask for).


That's fine... it's axiomatic that you like to give so-called "advice" that's not asked for thus,

You're painted in a light that show's a frivolous and troll like behavior.
Score
0
January 29, 2012 3:50:21 PM

i play BF3 with game pad & im not a bad player at all, im no good when it comes to mouse & keyboard in FPS on pc. its all down to play style
Score
0
January 29, 2012 3:52:37 PM

Yes I use the controller for multiplayer FPS gun battles and even with the dead spots present I do fine, usually in the middle of the pack, going positive or at least even. I don't like keyboard and mouse for fps because it feels clunky, I need to hunch over and sit uncomfortably. I have my PC hooked up to my 42" LCD and I sit on my couch. I play for fun/entertainment.
Score
0
January 29, 2012 4:04:43 PM

Gothams Finest said:
Congratulations on that excellent bit of help, I'm sure that helped him tremendously.

Xxsjxx have you tried any of these?




http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/144...
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/144...
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/144...



I'd like to thank you for being the only person to actually try and help me haha. I think the 3rd link might be what I'm lookin for because the first 2 just refer to jet flying. People don't realize that half of the battle is strategy. As long as I'm not face to face with someone, then I have an advantage regardless of what I'm using.
Score
0
January 29, 2012 4:17:01 PM

forget about it...

@Xxsxx

hope the video helped and good luck!
Score
0
January 29, 2012 4:59:11 PM

Xxsjxx said:
I'd like to thank you for being the only person to actually try and help me haha. I think the 3rd link might be what I'm lookin for because the first 2 just refer to jet flying.


Your welcome hope it helps.

Xxsjxx said:
People don't realize that half of the battle is strategy. As long as I'm not face to face with someone, then I have an advantage regardless of what I'm using.


No need to explain yourself, certain people on here have delusions of grandeur. Take no notice.
Score
0
January 29, 2012 5:16:45 PM

Gothams Finest said:

No need to explain yourself, certain people on here have delusions of grandeur. Take no notice of them.


I can only presume that you are so defensive and obviously intimidated by PC Gamer because you are worried that he is going to occupy your position as the worst contributor on the site. But he's no threat, trust me.
Score
0
January 29, 2012 5:25:14 PM

@casualcolors, this is your one and only warning, watch your language!
Score
0
January 29, 2012 5:42:29 PM

casualcolors said:
I can only presume that you are so defensive and obviously intimidated by PC Gamer because you are worried that he is going to occupy your position as the worst contributor on the site. But he's no threat, trust me.


Funny that, because the OP just thanked me for being the only person to help him...
Score
0
January 29, 2012 5:51:28 PM

Gothams Finest said:
Funny that, because the OP just thanked me for being the only person to help him...


I guess that I could acknowledge some measure of value in that if it wasn't for:

A. Your recent track record of awful posts aimed at doing nothing but trolling PC Gamer

B. The fact that you were helping a person use a controller in a PC FPS title

How about you just relax in general toward other people on this forum before you become as invested in arguing as you are in your misspelled forum name.
Score
0
January 29, 2012 6:13:19 PM

casualcolors said:
I guess that I could acknowledge some measure of value in that if it wasn't for:

A. Your recent track record of awful posts aimed at doing nothing but trolling PC Gamer

B. The fact that you were helping a person use a controller in a PC FPS title

How about you just relax in general toward other people on this forum before you become as invested in arguing as you are in your misspelled forum name.

There is nothing wrong with playing with a controller, many do! Do not forget that most new games are designed for consoles (controller control as default) and then recoded for PC's.
Score
0
January 29, 2012 6:33:40 PM

casualcolors said:
I guess that I could acknowledge some measure of value in that if it wasn't for:

A. Your recent track record of awful posts aimed at doing nothing but trolling PC Gamer

B. The fact that you were helping a person use a controller in a PC FPS title

How about you just relax in general toward other people on this forum before you become as invested in arguing as you are in your misspelled forum name.

I have used a controller in a PC FPS title, would you like to fight me about that?
Score
0
January 29, 2012 6:42:11 PM

casualcolors said:
I guess that I could acknowledge some measure of value in that if it wasn't for:

A. Your recent track record of awful posts aimed at doing nothing but trolling PC Gamer

B. The fact that you were helping a person use a controller in a PC FPS title

How about you just relax in general toward other people on this forum before you become as invested in arguing as you are in your misspelled forum name.


1. You're very protective over PC gamer, I'm sure he doesn't need you to hold his hand and fight his battles for him.

2. There is nothing wrong with using a controller.

3. The OPs question has been answered, why are you still trollin this thread?

4. If you want to be useful on this forum might I suggest you stop criticizing people, stop being egotistical and start positively contributing and maybe, just maybe, you might be able to help someone answer their question. You never know, you may start being useful on here.
Score
0
January 29, 2012 7:32:45 PM

rolli59 said:
There is nothing wrong with playing with a controller, many do! Do not forget that most new games are designed for consoles (controller control as default) and then recoded for PC's.


Don't forget that the console versions have built in aim assistance to compensate for the inherent inaccuracy in using double thumbsticks. Their PC counterparts don't have this.

Gothams Finest said:
1. You're very protective over PC gamer, I'm sure he doesn't need you to hold his hand and fight his battles for him.

4. If you want to be useful on this forum might I suggest you stop criticizing people, stop being egotistical and start positively contributing and maybe, just maybe, you might be able to help someone answer their question. You never know, you may start being useful on here instead of being a troll.


If you look over my post history (which you won't), you'll find a pretty consistent record of directly answering questions posed since I've joined. On the other hand, this thread has the only semi-constructive post that you've made in over 30 days. And even then, it was just a troll at its root. lol. I have to say, if it wasn't for your garbage posting this would have almost been a pretty good gaming forum.

I'd say see ya on the battlefield, but we both know you don't have the kdr or the spm to hang.
Score
0
January 29, 2012 7:37:50 PM

casualcolors said:
Don't forget that the console versions have built in aim assistance to compensate for the inherent inaccuracy in using double thumbsticks. Their PC counterparts don't have this.

That doesn't mean that someone can't use a controller on their PC and then compensate with sheer skill does it?
Score
0
January 29, 2012 8:37:12 PM

casualcolors said:
On the other hand, this thread has the only semi-constructive post that you've made in over 30 days.

I have to say, if it wasn't for your garbage posting this would have almost been a pretty good gaming forum.


:lol: 

casualcolors said:
I'd say see ya on the battlefield, but we both know you don't have the kdr or the spm to hang.


You'll see me on the battlefield?... what are you, 12 years old?

Nobody cares about your "ub3r l33t bf sk1ll5". If you think thats something to brag about you need to get out more.

I wonder what your over inflated ego is compensating for....
Score
0
January 29, 2012 8:41:08 PM

The truth is, the OP's question couldn't be simpler.

Quote:
Has anyone found a way to get rid of the dead zone in the middle of the joysticks in bf3? There's no dead zone when I use it on my Xbox playing mw3


Really, how hard is it to answer this? ...and to convey childish antics~

The negativity is just going to create animosity towards Tom's and the site will be grouped with some other unsavory sites.



Score
0
January 30, 2012 12:17:34 AM

FYI this solution was perfect, thanks again gothem

-Go to My Documents/Battlefield 3/Settings/
-Backup PROF_SAVE_profile and store it somewhere
-Open PROF_SAVE_profile with wordpad (or other text editor)
-Find the line "GstInput.Deadzone 0.300000" and change the value to 0.000000 ( or lower than 0.3 )
Score
0
January 30, 2012 2:57:54 AM

Quite frankly, I cannot even believe we are all having this discussion. And on Tom's Hardware of all places.

I understand full well that the OP is concerned with dead spots, not with being lectured about his preferred control method. However, there are a lot of problems with his control method (not just dead spots). I don't see how anyone that's serious about PC gaming could give advice respective to his question. No, the only advice that could be given is the advice that was given (and ultimately started an argument), "switch to mouse and keyboard". The fact that so many people have a problem with that advice indicates a severe lack of experience on this thread.

Mouse and keyboard is a must for BF3, at least for any person who takes it seriously.

Gothams Finest said:
1. You're very protective over PC gamer, I'm sure he doesn't need you to hold his hand and fight his battles for him.


It isn't about me. I could be a purple elephant, and it wouldn't matter.

No, if I had to guess, I would say he just got a taste of how you are (I know I have).
Score
0
January 30, 2012 3:08:08 AM

xxsjxx1 said:
FYI this solution was perfect, thanks again gothem

-Go to My Documents/Battlefield 3/Settings/
-Backup PROF_SAVE_profile and store it somewhere
-Open PROF_SAVE_profile with wordpad (or other text editor)
-Find the line "GstInput.Deadzone 0.300000" and change the value to 0.000000 ( or lower than 0.3 )


Enjoy getting fragged.
Score
0
January 30, 2012 3:10:46 AM

PCgamer81 said:
Quite frankly, I cannot even believe we are all having this discussion.

Mouse and keyboard is a must for BF3, at least for any person who takes it seriously.

I understand full well that the OP is concerned with dead spots, not with being lectured about his preferred control method. However, there are a lot of problems with his control method (not just dead spots). I don't see how anyone that's serious about PC gaming could give advice respective to his question. No, the only advice that could be given is the advice that was given (and ultimately started an argument), switch to mouse and keyboard. The fact that so many people have a problem with that advice, is indicative of a severe lack of experience on this thread.



It isn't about me. I could be a purple elephant, and it wouldn't matter.

I am sure he just got a taste of how you are (I know I have).

No, I'm pretty sure this is about you.

The fact that you can't see that indicates something, young man.




lmao... everyone in my thread needs to chill. first of all, anyone who takes gaming serious.... has a serious problem. now im not saying that all of you dont work or anything.... but in my case, i work full time and i just like to come home sometimes, sit comfortably on my couch and play games haha. i probably play battlefield 3 three times a week, for FUN i might add. a keyboard and mouse feel stupid to me, i like the keyboard and mouse for games like diablo, but playing a shooter with a controller feels more natural. i asked a simple technical question, i wasnt looking for opinions on my personal preferences or lifestyle choices hahaha

chill, relax, and keep playing bf3 with your keyboard and mouse, i have no problem with you doing so.

i play it with my xbox controller and never end up in last place on my teams, although ill admit im never in first either haha. but if K+M is such an advantage over my controller, ill take middle of the pack and be satisfied and comfortable.
Score
0
January 30, 2012 3:15:19 AM

xxsjxx1 said:
lmao... everyone in my thread needs to chill. first of all, anyone who takes gaming serious.... has a serious problem. now im not saying that all of you dont work or anything.... but in my case, i work full time and i just like to come home sometimes, sit comfortably on my couch and play games haha. i probably play battlefield 3 three times a week, for FUN i might add. a keyboard and mouse feel stupid to me, i like the keyboard and mouse for games like diablo, but playing a shooter with a controller feels more natural. i asked a simple technical question, i wasnt looking for opinions on my personal preferences or lifestyle choices hahaha

chill, relax, and keep playing bf3 with your keyboard and mouse, i have no problem with you doing so.

i play it with my xbox controller and never end up in last place on my teams, although ill admit im never in first either haha. but if K+M is such an advantage over my controller, ill take middle of the pack and be satisfied and comfortable.


Okay, I can respect that.

But try and understand my point of view.

If someone came to me with an infected gangrenous leg, and asked me how to get rid of the boils on it, I wouldn't hand them a jar of pimple paste.

No, I would tell them to cut the leg off.

Dead spots are not your problem. They may be a problem, but are merely a small part of a bigger problem.

Good day, sir.
Score
0
January 30, 2012 8:29:40 AM

RussK1 said:
The truth is, the OP's question couldn't be simpler.

Quote:
Has anyone found a way to get rid of the dead zone in the middle of the joysticks in bf3? There's no dead zone when I use it on my Xbox playing mw3


Really, how hard is it to answer this? ...and to convey childish antics~

The negativity is just going to create animosity towards Tom's and the site will be grouped with some other unsavory sites.


Agreed russwood.


xxsjxx1 said:
FYI this solution was perfect, thanks again gothem

-Go to My Documents/Battlefield 3/Settings/
-Backup PROF_SAVE_profile and store it somewhere
-Open PROF_SAVE_profile with wordpad (or other text editor)
-Find the line "GstInput.Deadzone 0.300000" and change the value to 0.000000 ( or lower than 0.3 )


Glad to of helped.


xxsjxx1 said:
lmao... everyone in my thread needs to chill. first of all, anyone who takes gaming serious.... has a serious problem. now im not saying that all of you dont work or anything.... but in my case, i work full time and i just like to come home sometimes, sit comfortably on my couch and play games haha. i probably play battlefield 3 three times a week, for FUN i might add. a keyboard and mouse feel stupid to me, i like the keyboard and mouse for games like diablo, but playing a shooter with a controller feels more natural. i asked a simple technical question, i wasnt looking for opinions on my personal preferences or lifestyle choices hahaha

chill, relax, and keep playing bf3 with your keyboard and mouse, i have no problem with you doing so.

i play it with my xbox controller and never end up in last place on my teams, although ill admit im never in first either haha. but if K+M is such an advantage over my controller, ill take middle of the pack and be satisfied and comfortable.


You don't need to explain yourself to PCgamer and casualcolors. Have fun playing BF3 the way YOU want to.

Most people play games to relax and unwind from life, but for some egotistical PC gamers, games ARE their lives because they have nothing better in their lives.


PCgamer81 said:
Okay, I can respect that.

But try and understand my point of view.

If someone came to me with an infected gangrenous leg, and asked me how to get rid of the boils on it, I wouldn't hand them a jar of pimple paste.

No, I would tell them to cut the leg off.

Dead spots are not your problem. They may be a problem, but are merely a small part of a bigger problem.

Good day, sir.


You just don't know when to give up do you. :non: 
Score
0
January 30, 2012 10:08:31 AM

I use my xbox controller controller with my left hand for moving fowards, backwards etc in FPS games. I then use my right hand on the mouse to aim at the bad guys.

When I spot someone I have the space bar rigged up to pull the trigger which I press with my nose.

Pretty sweet setup i think.
Score
0
January 30, 2012 2:38:21 PM

Even if getting to the solution of this simple technical request was a complete shambles I gotta admit this was a great read. I hate when people are rude/sarky on these forums but this has made the last hurdle until the end of the day in the office pretty bare-able.
Score
0
January 30, 2012 10:02:16 PM

carneyd1 said:
Even if getting to the solution of this simple technical request was a complete shambles I gotta admit this was a great read. I hate when people are rude/sarky on these forums but this has made the last hurdle until the end of the day in the office pretty bare-able.

*takes a bow*
Score
0
January 30, 2012 10:32:13 PM

Wow..... Quite the argument. I guess I shall add my opinion to the fire. I don't have a problem with what people use to play the game, but I do have problem with what people use in the game( such as THAT DARN SOFLAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*shakes fist*)
Score
0
January 31, 2012 7:18:55 AM

sgtpepper500 said:
Wow..... Quite the argument. I guess I shall add my opinion to the fire. I don't have a problem with what people use to play the game, but I do have problem with what people use in the game( such as THAT DARN SOFLAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*shakes fist*)


There are a few things I hate...

I don't want some gamepad user on my team. Fragbait.

And I hate people who spam rockets. To me, those are cheap kills.

I hate people who spend 80% of their time in vehicles and then brag about their K/D.

Snipers I respect - that takes talent.

But noob toobing and all manner of sh*tbaggery won't be tolerated for a second on my server.
Score
0
January 31, 2012 8:44:38 AM

I think it depends on your class. I am sniper so I can never use game controller.

But if you are assault, you aim and shoot at close range, you don't need the accuracy but need to move quickly to flank enemy. I guess controller is useful for moving around and will do just fine.
Score
0
January 31, 2012 10:16:55 AM

PCgamer81 said:
There are a few things I hate...

I don't want some gamepad user on my team. Fragbait.

And I hate people who spam rockets. To me, those are cheap kills.

I hate people who spend 80% of their time in vehicles and then brag about their K/D.

Snipers I respect - that takes talent.

But noob toobing and all manner of sh*tbaggery won't be tolerated for a second on my server.


I enjoy being a tanker and flying the heli, but that doesn't mean I spend 80% of my time in one. I also have plenty time as infantry. I like playing engineer so I can take out tanks and people behind walls, that doesn't mean I spam rockets. I do hate the M320 with a passion and I dont hate the soflam it just makes me sad when I get jav'ed up the butt. Snipers are actually super anti vehicle when they feel like it cause dat soflam can give you air superiority and ground...
Score
0
January 31, 2012 10:21:08 AM

Pyree said:
I think it depends on your class. I am sniper so I can never use game controller.

But if you are assault, you aim and shoot at close range, you don't need the accuracy but need to move quickly to flank enemy. I guess controller is useful for moving around and will do just fine.


I switch out between assault and recon, and have to disagree.

To me, both are equally important in terms of accuracy.

Come around my corner and unless you get me in the noggin you are going down.

Recon or Assault, I am always aiming for the head.

To be honest, the thought of playing BF3 with a controller is folly. There is nothing, irrespective of class, that the mouse and keyboard can't do 1000 times more efficiently - with the possible exception of vehicles.

I am not trying to sound elitist or arrogant. I am not even that good at the game, if truth be known - there are a lot of guys better than me.

But I am just being honest; using a gamepad is retarded.

I am flabbergasted that we are even having this discussion.
Score
0
January 31, 2012 10:50:58 AM

I guess it's just a matter of taste, and ability; some are faster and better than the others, but do respect other people's decisions and gameplay styles. Of course you don't have to have one of those in your squad, or whatever, but do allow for others to play THEIR game, and not yours.

Show some respect for them, they are NOT retarded for using a gamepad, it's just the way they play. Period. Don't get mixed with those if you don't like it, but don't call them names for playing the game the way they like it.

Unfortunately, this thread alone shows everyone with enough gray matter to realize it, that elitism (and cheap one too, you all have to remember that epeen is something no one should be proud of, but oh well) and lack of respect can go a long way. And the wrong way too, when come to think of it.

When one comes to this forum to get info, and other ones rain on their parade instead of giving some considerate and respectfully worded advice, one realizes that maybe this is not the right place. This thread has become like a long-winded, pathetic soap opera where everyone's beating the same dead horse.

Maybe it's time we should all move on and leave this all behind, this is the perfect example what a thread should not ever turn into. And don't even bother to reply to my post, it'll be my only one in this thread.
Score
0
January 31, 2012 11:07:31 AM

PCgamer81 said:
I am not trying to sound elitist or arrogant.


Trying to? No...succeeding to? Yes.

We know where you stand with controllers, no need to keep waffling on about it.

Some take gaming too seriously. Unless you're a pro gamer (which nobody here is) there is no reason to take gaiming seriously, it is just a hobby and so it does not matter how people go about their hobby, payed for with their money in their own homes.

Your argument PCgamer is moot. You have stated that you're not evan any good at the game, thus any benefit a mouse and keyboard will give you is negligible. Controller = you suck. Mouse & Keyboard = you suck.

If you are a bad player, a mouse & keyboard will not make you a good player, and, if you are a good player, a controller will not make you a bad player.

A controller may only become a handicap if you are actually any good at the game playing agaisnt others who are also good at the game i.e playing at a professional level where your career, sponsoships and prize money is at stake.

The OP kicks back and relaxes after work on his sofa playing BF3. I'd like to see you use a keyboard and mouse on a sofa. It is much easier and convinent to play on a sofa with a controller.
Score
0
January 31, 2012 11:17:45 AM

Eldd said:
When one comes to this forum to get info, and other ones rain on their parade instead of giving some considerate and respectfully worded advice, one realizes that maybe this is not the right place.


Yes, that is my concern.

Its a shame some members with a certain...how can I say it...lack of maturity run the risk of dragging this forum down.

This thread needed closing long ago.
Score
0
January 31, 2012 12:54:53 PM

Gothams Finest said:
Trying to? No...succeeding to? Yes.

We know where you stand with controllers, no need to keep waffling on about it.

Some take gaming too seriously. Unless you're a pro gamer (which nobody here is) there is no reason to take gaiming seriously, it is just a hobby and so it does not matter how people go about their hobby, payed for with their money in their own homes.

Your argument PCgamer is moot. You have stated that you're not evan any good at the game, thus any benefit a mouse and keyboard will give you is negligible. Controller = you suck. Mouse & Keyboard = you suck.

If you are a bad player, a mouse & keyboard will not make you a good player, and, if you are a good player, a controller will not make you a bad player.

A controller may only become a handicap if you are actually any good at the game playing agaisnt others who are also good at the game i.e playing at a professional level where your career, sponsoships and prize money is at stake.

The OP kicks back and relaxes after work on his sofa playing BF3. I'd like to see you use a keyboard and mouse on a sofa. It is much easier and convinent to play on a sofa with a controller.


You misconstrue my words.

I never said I wasn't any good. I said I wasn't that good. Quite frankly, I'm not.

Granted, I don't pay much mind to K/D (W/L is what I care about), but I still do very well.

Not that I care what anyone thinks; I just don't like being misquoted.

Score
0
January 31, 2012 1:11:46 PM

I am sick of arguing on this thread, it isn't solving anything. I never meant to offend anyone. I would like to apologize if I came across as arrogant, as it was not my intention.

As hard as it may be for some to believe, I genuinely wanted to help the OP. I feel the best advice I could give respective to his dilemma was to recommend switching his control method, and for obvious reasons. The mouse and keyboard is superior.

If I was derogatory, I do apologize. I am glad the OP was helped...to whatever end.

This will be my last post on this thread.
Score
0
January 31, 2012 1:29:18 PM

whats wrong with using the best tool for the job... or the tools that you prefer to use... they may not be entirely the best thing to use but if they help you imerse yourself into a game its all good...
i for instance use wheel and pedals or a pad for racing games, a stick for flight sims and a mouse for fps.
i use a pen and tablet for photoshop and 3dsmax to which im likely to add a trackball for ease of navigation... like i say best tools for the job... works for me... when i came back from console gaming 6 or so years ago i used a pad to play fear. i got owned 95 percent of the time but i was having fun so i didn't care... it took me months to get back to using a mouse and keyboard combo. so i say use what ever you feel comfy using. no need for any of this elitist/purist B.S.

come to think of it, i think i have spent more money on controllers than most spend on there pc's lol

currently i havea g11 keyboard, 2 mice, lachesis and rat 7 contagion.
a logitech dual action, a logitech 3d pro extreme.
a nitro wheel/pedals. that can be used on any current console or pc.
a bamboo pen and tablet.
and finally a 360 controller which i loathed to buy but because GFWL games deliberately gimped other controllers, so i had no option but to get 1. (this should be illegal but isnt for some reason) thats nearly 430 notes total... you may think that its ridiculous to spend so much money on controllers. but i dont... different controllers help me get more out of my games.
Score
0
January 31, 2012 1:36:20 PM

HEXiT said:
no need for any of this elitist/purist B.S.



[:wolfen18:9]
Score
0
!