New Computer/Transfer Programs ?????

I have a new computer and would like to transfer certain progams from the old
to the new (both are running XP SP2). Can I simply move the program
directory for the particular software product over or do I need to go thru an
install process?

Thanks

Generally you need to install them.
Copying the directories does nothing for the numerous registry entries.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"billbrandi" <billbrandi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new computer and would like to transfer certain progams from the
>old
> to the new (both are running XP SP2). Can I simply move the program
> directory for the particular software product over or do I need to go thru
> an
> install process?
>
> Thanks

Jim

"billbrandi" <billbrandi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a new computer and would like to transfer certain progams from the
old
> to the new (both are running XP SP2). Can I simply move the program
> directory for the particular software product over or do I need to go thru
an
> install process?
>
> Thanks
By far the quickest way is to go through the install process.
Jim

You may want to look at this;
'Alohabob PC Relocator '
(http://alohabob.com/products/pc_relocator_ultra_control/index.asp)