Tags:
  • USB
  • Keyboards
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
October 7, 2010 8:18:53 AM

Hello there.

I got this weird problem yesterday.

It started with that my keyboard (usb with ps/2 extension) didnt work so i changed the batteries. But that didnt work either. Then i unplugged the keyboard, took off the extension and inserted it into an usb port. Then the keyboard worked. But then I suddenly could not double click any icons on the desktop, or enter any sites in internet explorer. But i could right click icons and in internet explorer. I thought i had some virus or trojan so i used malwarebytes, PC Tools Spyware Doctor, AVG Free and a Trojan program, but did not find any malware.

But then i thought.. i can try to use the ps/2 extension on the usb mouse. So i put the mouse into the ps/2 port while the keyboard was in the usb port. TADA IT WORKS! I can now double click, and internet explorer works again.
So i double checked. put keyboard and mouse in usb. Boom.. problem accurred again. But now i also tried keyboard in ps/2 again and mouse in usb. And now i got the keyboard to work in the ps/2, but still the double click problem accurred..
Then i put the mouse to ps/2 and keyboard to usb, then it worked again.

So i have no clue what so ever what this could be :/ 
Please help.

regards from Norway.

system - Win 7 x64 Enterprise, 4gig RAM, XFX Radeon HD 5870, MSI P4N Diamond motherboard

More about : double click desktop

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
October 7, 2010 11:58:19 AM

You have conflicting drivers. Go to device manager and make sure you only have 1 keyboard and 1 mouse installed.
October 7, 2010 12:03:02 PM

Thank you. I will try this and see where it takes me :) 
Score
Related resources
October 7, 2010 3:29:16 PM

mhelm1 said:
You have conflicting drivers. Go to device manager and make sure you only have 1 keyboard and 1 mouse installed.

That made my day :D 

i uninstalled the PS/2 driver, but then another usb-driver accurred, so i disabled one of the mouse usb-drivers, and voila :) 

thank you so much for the help :) 
Score
a b $ Windows 7
October 7, 2010 5:09:12 PM

No problem, same thing happened to me.
Score
October 8, 2010 8:16:09 AM

Best answer selected by bailar.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
October 8, 2010 8:39:26 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey