matt

Hello this is Matt again, I tried to recover and got stuck in a program loop
or something. The computer had an error saying it couldent find preload then
got stuck. I could not turn off the computer except for pulling the plug out
of the wall. I proceeded to perform a DESTRUCTIVE RECOVERY, which seemed to
solve the problem, however after running a scan (Spyware
exterminator-Stompsoft) the trojan Win 32 FTP Attack (in
C-WINDOWS\CREATOR\Remind XP.exe) shows up again??? WHY?? I suspect two
possibilities 1It was saved from deletion by hiding in a file preserved from
recovery. 2The trojan is a legitimate and useful tool for the computer, which
Spyware exterminator is labeling as a evil trojan.??? WHICH CASE IS THE
TRUTH??????
--
Thought computing was supposed to be easy.

delete the file..........its only there to remind you to register the
product
then run the scan again
peterk

the problem