Restoring deleted program file

June 11, 2005 5:55:03 PM

By mistake I send a program folder from the Program Files directory to the
Recycle Bin.

After restoring the folder to its original location, using the restore
function in the Recycle Bin, the program won't initialize fully. Is there
a way to repair this? (I don't have the original program CD.)
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 9:19:43 PM

Hi,

Reinstalling the program should fix it.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

Peaceful moi wrote:
> By mistake I send a program folder from the Program Files
> directory to the Recycle Bin.
>
> After restoring the folder to its original location,
> using the restore function in the Recycle Bin, the
> program won't initialize fully. Is there a way to
> repair this? (I don't have the original program CD.)
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 9:19:44 PM

I do not have the original program CD. Is there a way to fix this problem
without reinstalling the program??

Many thanks,

Peaceful moi

"Bert Kinney" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Reinstalling the program should fix it.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>
> Peaceful moi wrote:
> > By mistake I send a program folder from the Program Files
> > directory to the Recycle Bin.
> >
> > After restoring the folder to its original location,
> > using the restore function in the Recycle Bin, the
> > program won't initialize fully. Is there a way to
> > repair this? (I don't have the original program CD.)

June 11, 2005 11:30:57 PM

Peaceful moi wrote:
> I do not have the original program CD. Is there a way to fix this
> problem without reinstalling the program??

I guess that depends on the application in question and what their support
says.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Normally not. Normal procedure is to reinstall, whether from CD, diskette,
DVD or redownloading.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"Peaceful moi" <Peaceful moi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> By mistake I send a program folder from the Program Files directory to the
> Recycle Bin.
>
> After restoring the folder to its original location, using the restore
> function in the Recycle Bin, the program won't initialize fully. Is
> there
> a way to repair this? (I don't have the original program CD.)
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 11:43:01 PM

Try system restore before the date you delete

!