Restoring deleted program file

By mistake I send a program folder from the Program Files directory to the
Recycle Bin.

After restoring the folder to its original location, using the restore
function in the Recycle Bin, the program won't initialize fully. Is there
a way to repair this? (I don't have the original program CD.)
5 answers Last reply
More about restoring deleted program file

    Hi,

    Reinstalling the program should fix it.

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Peaceful moi wrote:
    > By mistake I send a program folder from the Program Files
    > directory to the Recycle Bin.
    >
    > After restoring the folder to its original location,
    > using the restore function in the Recycle Bin, the
    > program won't initialize fully. Is there a way to
    > repair this? (I don't have the original program CD.)

    I do not have the original program CD. Is there a way to fix this problem
    without reinstalling the program??

    Many thanks,

    Peaceful moi

    Peaceful moi wrote:
    > I do not have the original program CD. Is there a way to fix this
    > problem without reinstalling the program??

    I guess that depends on the application in question and what their support
    says.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Normally not. Normal procedure is to reinstall, whether from CD, diskette,
    DVD or redownloading.

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

    http://www.google.com
    Google is your "Friend"

    "Peaceful moi" <Peaceful moi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > By mistake I send a program folder from the Program Files directory to the
    > Recycle Bin.
    >
    > After restoring the folder to its original location, using the restore
    > function in the Recycle Bin, the program won't initialize fully. Is
    > there
    > a way to repair this? (I don't have the original program CD.)

    Try system restore before the date you delete

    "Peaceful moi" wrote:

    > By mistake I send a program folder from the Program Files directory to the
    > Recycle Bin.
    >
    > After restoring the folder to its original location, using the restore
    > function in the Recycle Bin, the program won't initialize fully. Is there
    > a way to repair this? (I don't have the original program CD.)

Microsoft CD-Rom Windows XP