"double-click" on folder doesn't work right!

Mandy

When I double-click on a folder, it doesn't open the folder as it normally
would, but instead, brings up the windows "search" box. I have to
right-click and click "open" in order for the file to open. This is very
annoying. Anyone no why, or what I can do to make "double-click" on folder
work again?

Rich

"mandy" wrote:

> When I double-click on a folder, it doesn't open the folder as it normally
> would, but instead, brings up the windows "search" box. I have to
> right-click and click "open" in order for the file to open. This is very
> annoying. Anyone no why, or what I can do to make "double-click" on folder
> work again?

Rich

yeah, i have that problem also

"mandy" wrote:

> When I double-click on a folder, it doesn't open the folder as it normally
> would, but instead, brings up the windows "search" box. I have to
> right-click and click "open" in order for the file to open. This is very
> annoying. Anyone no why, or what I can do to make "double-click" on folder
> work again?

Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321186

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP