Kyocera 2235: New account?

Last response: in Network Providers
January 16, 2005 2:04:10 AM

1] Can a new post-pay account be activated with a Kyocera 2235?
2] Can a pre-pay account be switched to a Kyocera 2235? [ESN change]

Thanks,
Josh

More about : kyocera 2235 account

Anonymous
January 16, 2005 2:04:11 AM

Josh Steinhurst wrote:
> 1] Can a new post-pay account be activated with a Kyocera 2235?
> 2] Can a pre-pay account be switched to a Kyocera 2235? [ESN change]
>
> Thanks,
> Josh

Can't say for #2, but for sure #1.. I just gave my friend my old 2235 so he
could do the 1X stuff, he not only activated it on a new account, but they
gave him the option to do high speed so he can connect for the cost of
minutes (no data plan needed). Which by the way you didn't ask about, but he
got a futuredial (data) cable for it at radioshack (didn't have it in stock,
they had to order it, but it's available)
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 1:13:12 PM

Thanks, I do indeed use 1x on my own 2235, this is for a friend that
wants to use one of my extra 2235's on a new account, at least for
awhile, instead of using the phone promotion. I don't think the 2235 has
E911 GPS so I was thinking that they might not let new accounts use it.

Josh

Peter Pan wrote:
> Josh Steinhurst wrote:
>
>>1] Can a new post-pay account be activated with a Kyocera 2235?
>>2] Can a pre-pay account be switched to a Kyocera 2235? [ESN change]
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Josh
>

> Can't say for #2, but for sure #1.. I just gave my friend my old 2235 so he
> could do the 1X stuff, he not only activated it on a new account, but they
> gave him the option to do high speed so he can connect for the cost of
> minutes (no data plan needed). Which by the way you didn't ask about, but he
> got a futuredial (data) cable for it at radioshack (didn't have it in stock,
> they had to order it, but it's available)

Anonymous
January 16, 2005 4:40:39 PM

They did hiccup on that (the gps activation thing), he actually had to start
a new account, activated with the free phone they gave him, and then a few
hours later, do an online esn swap to the 2235. It sees the Kyo as a phone
verizon sells and lets it do it. It appears to let you swap esn's to it on
existing accounts, but not new ones.. So just start a new account with a
free phone, at that point it is an existing account, and you can change.

!