Sign in with
Your question

Need help

Last response: in Video Games
January 30, 2012 1:11:29 AM

i need to figure out why have a couple of my pc games run slow they skip or just take forever to load the next action when pressing a button this is what i have in my mid tower:

MSI P67A-C43 B3 Intel P67 Motherboard - ATX

Intel Core i5-2500K BX80623I52500 Unlocked Processor - Quad Core

Patriot S5 Viper II PGV34G1600ELK Desktop Memory Kit - 4GB

DiabloTek PHD550 ATX Power Supply - 550W

the games im trying play smoothly with no problems are skyrim, fable 3, league of legends (and its not my internet connection for league), batman AA, splinter cell conviction, and a couple of other games. and to note im not running any other program while gaming please someonne tell me whats the solution.

More about : question

January 30, 2012 2:00:36 AM

so, there's no GPU in your tower? you kinda need one to run games

and out of the games you listed all of them are running slow or just some?
m
l
January 30, 2012 2:59:19 AM

writerfuturescript said:
i need to figure out why have a couple of my pc games run slow they skip or just take forever to load the next action when pressing a button this is what i have in my mid tower:

MSI P67A-C43 B3 Intel P67 Motherboard - ATX

Intel Core i5-2500K BX80623I52500 Unlocked Processor - Quad Core

Patriot S5 Viper II PGV34G1600ELK Desktop Memory Kit - 4GB

DiabloTek PHD550 ATX Power Supply - 550W

the games im trying play smoothly with no problems are skyrim, fable 3, league of legends (and its not my internet connection for league), batman AA, splinter cell conviction, and a couple of other games. and to note im not running any other program while gaming please someonne tell me whats the solution.

forgot graphics card is is a asus geforce gtx 460 top 700mhz overclocked
m
l
Related resources
January 30, 2012 3:01:44 AM

and some games run fine like bully meatboy plants vs zombies dungeon defenders defense grid are ok just the others i listed before run terrible even low settings dont help
m
l
January 30, 2012 1:11:59 PM

go into your BIOS and make sure the integrated GPU on the CPU is disabled
m
l
January 31, 2012 4:48:46 AM

there is nothing related to the setting u just mentioned in other words the option is no listed. anything else u can recommend
m
l
January 31, 2012 11:59:17 AM

undo the over-clock on GPU and try then. check what graphics adapter is being used when you're gaming with msi afterburner
m
l
January 31, 2012 4:16:53 PM

Don't know if this is what is causing the issue, probably not, but that power supply is junk. I'd replace it before it goes out and takes another part of your system with it.

Are you running the latest video card drivers from Nvidia?
m
l
February 1, 2012 2:13:57 AM

@ antizig ts not overclocked and i will check the adapter

@Trogdor i only had the power supply for a year what power supply would u recommend and yes i have the newest update
m
l
February 1, 2012 7:14:32 AM

Also remember to check the resource monitor (Bring up Task Manager, flick to Performance Tab, hit the Resource Monitor)
Check the disk section and sort by write column.
Often the Windows box can be running background tasks that slam the hard drive.

Windows Indexer and Windows Search are two of the main ones.

Disable in Services and try the games again. They really taxed my machine trying to play MW3, the intro video would keep pausing etc.
m
l
February 1, 2012 2:54:33 PM

@antizig i tried that and didnt work is there another method to look for the problem
and @ ipad3 tell i didn't find any thing of the sort. no sevices that would choke me up.
m
l
February 1, 2012 3:24:35 PM

could it be that my graphics card is taking in hot air making it over heat
m
l
February 1, 2012 11:50:07 PM

yes, that would be the cause easily, check with msi afterburner what the temps are when you're running the game
m
l
!