matt

Ok so you want me to delete the trojan, but how did I get stuck in the Blue
screen of death( or coma in my case)
--
Thought computing was supposed to be easy.

pat

Expert

hey computing was never designed to be easy it was designed to make Mr gates
rich.....and it worked....

"Matt" <someone@adslcomp.com> wrote in message
> Ok so you want me to delete the trojan, but how did I get stuck in the
> Blue
> screen of death( or coma in my case)
> --
> Thought computing was supposed to be easy.

Its easier to find responses when one uses the reply button.that way all of
the posts and their responses are together.
I have no idea what you did to get a BSOD.When the anti virus found the
trojan you should have let it clean it out.
The anti virus program that you use most likely has a very informative
website with full details on how to do this.
You said the Trojan was in a certain file...that file was only there to
remind you to register the program...so I said delete the file.Most anti
virus programs ask that you make a recovery disk where you can run the anti
virus program from.Did you make one??
Did the destructive recovery format the drive??
peterk

the problem
"Matt" <someone@adslcomp.com> wrote in message
> Ok so you want me to delete the trojan, but how did I get stuck in the
> Blue
> screen of death( or coma in my case)
> --
> Thought computing was supposed to be easy.

matt

Hi I will attempt to answer your questions, and yes I am quite new to the
forums, I am sorry if I did not use the right button. First of all, Spyware
Exterminator
does not require a recovery disk, as far as I know. SE does give
non-specific information about the trojan. Only after finding the
other website called castlecops, did I learn more about the
so-called trojan Remind XP to be a legitimate program part. I
believe my Nortons antivirus did not ask me to to create a
recovery disk, but the main disk may be used that way I guess??? I
will have to research that more.
System Mechanic is not capable of making recovery
disks for a NTFS Hard drive The non destructive recovery did not format(
I think this is where I got stuck) and the destructive recovery did
format and install, but I saw the same trojan after the
destructive recovery, which makes sense that it is
legitmate. I am realizing that the FREEZEUP or HANG was caused by
system mechanic deleting files in a cleaning operation. One of
those files was called PRELOAD. I will have to research this
preload more later. Any ideas where I could start researching
PRELOAD.??????? I thought it was part
of that creator program we discussed earlier. Now I
think its part of the recovery program.
Thank you very much. I thought computing was supposed
to be easy.

"peterk" wrote:

> Its easier to find responses when one uses the reply button.that way all of
> the posts and their responses are together.
> I have no idea what you did to get a BSOD.When the anti virus found the
> trojan you should have let it clean it out.
> The anti virus program that you use most likely has a very informative
> website with full details on how to do this.
> You said the Trojan was in a certain file...that file was only there to
> remind you to register the program...so I said delete the file.Most anti
> virus programs ask that you make a recovery disk where you can run the anti
> virus program from.Did you make one??
> Did the destructive recovery format the drive??
> peterk
>

> --
> It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much about
> the problem
> "Matt" <someone@adslcomp.com> wrote in message
> > Ok so you want me to delete the trojan, but how did I get stuck in the
> > Blue
> > screen of death( or coma in my case)
> > --
> > Thought computing was supposed to be easy.

Matt
at this stage of the game I dont know if you still have the trojan or
what....
So I would suggest that if possible you save whatever personal data you have
on the machine and do a complete reinstall of your "recovery disk".I assume
this disk will format the drive and erase everything on that drive and then
reinstall XP and all of the programs that came with your computer.
You should invest in a Firewall.....ZoneAlarm is free and good
Norton Antivirus can be run from the disk but it will need to be updated
about every day in order to keep up to date with new virus/trojans.
Find a better program than Exterminator....LavaSoft AdAware is good and
free,so is SpyBot Search and destroy.All of these can be found by doing a
Google search.And all need to be kept up to date.
http://www.google.com
Be careful with some of these all around fix everything programs.....if you
do not know what its deleting ..dont!!
good luck...........get back to us on how things are
peterk

the problem