Hey Peterk reply to your post

Ok so you want me to delete the trojan, but how did I get stuck in the Blue
screen of death( or coma in my case)
--
Thought computing was supposed to be easy.
4 answers Last reply

    hey computing was never designed to be easy it was designed to make Mr gates
    rich.....and it worked....

    "Matt" <someone@adslcomp.com> wrote in message
    > Ok so you want me to delete the trojan, but how did I get stuck in the
    > Blue
    > screen of death( or coma in my case)
    > --
    > Thought computing was supposed to be easy.

    Its easier to find responses when one uses the reply button.that way all of
    the posts and their responses are together.
    I have no idea what you did to get a BSOD.When the anti virus found the
    trojan you should have let it clean it out.
    The anti virus program that you use most likely has a very informative
    website with full details on how to do this.
    You said the Trojan was in a certain file...that file was only there to
    remind you to register the program...so I said delete the file.Most anti
    virus programs ask that you make a recovery disk where you can run the anti
    virus program from.Did you make one??
    Did the destructive recovery format the drive??
    peterk

    the problem
    "Matt" <someone@adslcomp.com> wrote in message
    > Ok so you want me to delete the trojan, but how did I get stuck in the
    > Blue
    > screen of death( or coma in my case)
    > --
    > Thought computing was supposed to be easy.

    Hi I will attempt to answer your questions, and yes I am quite new to the
    forums, I am sorry if I did not use the right button. First of all, Spyware
    Exterminator
    does not require a recovery disk, as far as I know. SE does give
    non-specific information about the trojan. Only after finding the
    other website called castlecops, did I learn more about the
    so-called trojan Remind XP to be a legitimate program part. I
    believe my Nortons antivirus did not ask me to to create a
    recovery disk, but the main disk may be used that way I guess??? I
    will have to research that more.
    System Mechanic is not capable of making recovery
    disks for a NTFS Hard drive The non destructive recovery did not format(
    I think this is where I got stuck) and the destructive recovery did
    format and install, but I saw the same trojan after the
    destructive recovery, which makes sense that it is
    legitmate. I am realizing that the FREEZEUP or HANG was caused by
    system mechanic deleting files in a cleaning operation. One of
    those files was called PRELOAD. I will have to research this
    preload more later. Any ideas where I could start researching
    PRELOAD.??????? I thought it was part
    of that creator program we discussed earlier. Now I
    think its part of the recovery program.
    Thank you very much. I thought computing was supposed
    to be easy.

    "peterk" wrote:

    > Its easier to find responses when one uses the reply button.that way all of
    > the posts and their responses are together.
    > I have no idea what you did to get a BSOD.When the anti virus found the
    > trojan you should have let it clean it out.
    > The anti virus program that you use most likely has a very informative
    > website with full details on how to do this.
    > You said the Trojan was in a certain file...that file was only there to
    > remind you to register the program...so I said delete the file.Most anti
    > virus programs ask that you make a recovery disk where you can run the anti
    > virus program from.Did you make one??
    > Did the destructive recovery format the drive??
    > peterk
    >

    > --
    > It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much about
    > the problem
    > "Matt" <someone@adslcomp.com> wrote in message
    > > Ok so you want me to delete the trojan, but how did I get stuck in the
    > > Blue
    > > screen of death( or coma in my case)
    > > --
    > > Thought computing was supposed to be easy.

    Matt
    at this stage of the game I dont know if you still have the trojan or
    what....
    So I would suggest that if possible you save whatever personal data you have
    on the machine and do a complete reinstall of your "recovery disk".I assume
    this disk will format the drive and erase everything on that drive and then
    reinstall XP and all of the programs that came with your computer.
    You should invest in a Firewall.....ZoneAlarm is free and good
    Norton Antivirus can be run from the disk but it will need to be updated
    about every day in order to keep up to date with new virus/trojans.
    Find a better program than Exterminator....LavaSoft AdAware is good and
    free,so is SpyBot Search and destroy.All of these can be found by doing a
    Google search.And all need to be kept up to date.
    http://www.google.com
    Be careful with some of these all around fix everything programs.....if you
    do not know what its deleting ..dont!!
    good luck...........get back to us on how things are
    peterk

    the problem
    > Hi I will attempt to answer your questions, and yes I am quite new to the
    > forums, I am sorry if I did not use the right button. First of all,
    > Spyware
    > Exterminator
    > does not require a recovery disk, as far as I know. SE does give
    > non-specific information about the trojan. Only after finding the
    > other website called castlecops, did I learn more about the
    > so-called trojan Remind XP to be a legitimate program part.
    > believe my Nortons antivirus did not ask me to to create a
    > recovery disk, but the main disk may be used that way I guess??? I
    > will have to research that more.
    > System Mechanic is not capable of making
    > recovery
    > disks for a NTFS Hard drive The non destructive recovery did not
    > format(
    > I think this is where I got stuck) and the destructive recovery
    > did
    > format and install, but I saw the same trojan after the
    > destructive recovery, which makes sense that it is
    > legitmate. I am realizing that the FREEZEUP or HANG was caused by
    > system mechanic deleting files in a cleaning operation. One of
    > those files was called PRELOAD. I will have to research this
    > preload more later. Any ideas where I could start researching
    > PRELOAD.??????? I thought it was
    > part
    > of that creator program we discussed earlier. Now I
    > think its part of the recovery program.
    > Thank you very much. I thought computing was
    > supposed
    > to be easy.

Microsoft Windows XP