System restore failure

June 13, 2005 1:07:01 AM

I am running windows xp home spak 1. I tried to use system restore for the
last 20 system points on my list. ever one ends with cannot restore system to
that point. ANy ideas why and how to fix?

More about : system restore failure

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 2:24:27 AM

There may be corrupted data in system Restore.
Turn off/on System Restore to delete corrupted files:
Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore.
Click System Restore Settings on left side.
Check "Turn off System Restore", click OK, follow prompts and reboot.
This deletes ALL Restore Points including corruption.
Then go back and turn on system Restore and create a Restore Point.
Otherwise:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/f...

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]