LG VX 6100 - Overall Quality?

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I recently lost my LG 4500 and need to replace it. The speaker phone was
great! One annoying problem however was the "echoing" that occurred now and
then. Overall though, I was pleased with the 4500.

In researching the 6100 I've heard people talk about calls dropping off
and/or low RF. How bad is the call reception? Does the fact that it's
trimode help the situation?

I've heard some say that the speakerphone quality is not that great. If
it's similar to the 4500, that would be great for me. How is it?

Finally, does the 6100 experience the "echo problem" of the 4400 and 4500.

Thanks for any input.
13 answers Last reply
More about 6100 quality
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    It's an OK phone. But the Audiovox CDM9900 is better for reception, battery
    life, and sound quality. I think the best phone for reception and audio
    right now is the Motorola V265, but the display and battery life leaves much
    to be desired.

    "Dave M." <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    news:B7nGd.10922$wZ2.7463@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
    > I recently lost my LG 4500 and need to replace it. The speaker phone
    was
    > great! One annoying problem however was the "echoing" that occurred now
    and
    > then. Overall though, I was pleased with the 4500.
    >
    > In researching the 6100 I've heard people talk about calls dropping off
    > and/or low RF. How bad is the call reception? Does the fact that it's
    > trimode help the situation?
    >
    > I've heard some say that the speakerphone quality is not that great. If
    > it's similar to the 4500, that would be great for me. How is it?
    >
    > Finally, does the 6100 experience the "echo problem" of the 4400 and
    4500.
    >
    > Thanks for any input.
    >
    >
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    DonR wrote:
    > It's an OK phone. But the Audiovox CDM9900 is better for reception,
    > battery life, and sound quality. I think the best phone for reception
    > and audio right now is the Motorola V265, but the display and battery
    > life leaves much to be desired.
    >
    > "Dave M." <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > news:B7nGd.10922$wZ2.7463@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
    >> I recently lost my LG 4500 and need to replace it. The speaker
    >> phone was great! One annoying problem however was the "echoing"
    >> that occurred now and then. Overall though, I was pleased with the
    >> 4500.
    >>
    >> In researching the 6100 I've heard people talk about calls dropping
    >> off and/or low RF. How bad is the call reception? Does the fact
    >> that it's trimode help the situation?
    >>
    >> I've heard some say that the speakerphone quality is not that great.
    >> If it's similar to the 4500, that would be great for me. How is it?
    >>
    >> Finally, does the 6100 experience the "echo problem" of the 4400
    >> and 4500.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any input.

    What is the problem with the display as you see it? Just curious.

    Q
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Very small by today's standards, and a total washout in direct sunlight,
    unless you use a totally white or very light-colored background. Indoors,
    the colors are Great.

    "Quaoar" <quaoar@tenthplanet.net> wrote in message
    news:XNOdncT-L8enRnfcRVn-pA@comcast.com...
    > DonR wrote:
    > > It's an OK phone. But the Audiovox CDM9900 is better for reception,
    > > battery life, and sound quality. I think the best phone for reception
    > > and audio right now is the Motorola V265, but the display and battery
    > > life leaves much to be desired.
    > >
    > > "Dave M." <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > news:B7nGd.10922$wZ2.7463@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
    > >> I recently lost my LG 4500 and need to replace it. The speaker
    > >> phone was great! One annoying problem however was the "echoing"
    > >> that occurred now and then. Overall though, I was pleased with the
    > >> 4500.
    > >>
    > >> In researching the 6100 I've heard people talk about calls dropping
    > >> off and/or low RF. How bad is the call reception? Does the fact
    > >> that it's trimode help the situation?
    > >>
    > >> I've heard some say that the speakerphone quality is not that great.
    > >> If it's similar to the 4500, that would be great for me. How is it?
    > >>
    > >> Finally, does the 6100 experience the "echo problem" of the 4400
    > >> and 4500.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks for any input.
    >
    > What is the problem with the display as you see it? Just curious.
    >
    > Q
    >
    >
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    DonR wrote:
    > Very small by today's standards, and a total washout in direct
    > sunlight, unless you use a totally white or very light-colored
    > background. Indoors, the colors are Great.
    >
    > "Quaoar" <quaoar@tenthplanet.net> wrote in message
    > news:XNOdncT-L8enRnfcRVn-pA@comcast.com...
    >> DonR wrote:
    >>> It's an OK phone. But the Audiovox CDM9900 is better for reception,
    >>> battery life, and sound quality. I think the best phone for
    >>> reception and audio right now is the Motorola V265, but the display
    >>> and battery life leaves much to be desired.
    >>>
    >>> "Dave M." <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>> news:B7nGd.10922$wZ2.7463@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
    >>>> I recently lost my LG 4500 and need to replace it. The speaker
    >>>> phone was great! One annoying problem however was the "echoing"
    >>>> that occurred now and then. Overall though, I was pleased with the
    >>>> 4500.
    >>>>
    >>>> In researching the 6100 I've heard people talk about calls dropping
    >>>> off and/or low RF. How bad is the call reception? Does the fact
    >>>> that it's trimode help the situation?
    >>>>
    >>>> I've heard some say that the speakerphone quality is not that
    >>>> great. If it's similar to the 4500, that would be great for me.
    >>>> How is it?
    >>>>
    >>>> Finally, does the 6100 experience the "echo problem" of the 4400
    >>>> and 4500.
    >>>>
    >>>> Thanks for any input.
    >>
    >> What is the problem with the display as you see it? Just curious.
    >>
    >> Q

    Thanks for that. I am looking at the Moto 265 specifically for the
    voice and speech dialing quality.

    Q
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Don - Thanks for your feedback. I checked into the Audiovox 9900, and it's
    not available at the Verizon stores. It is on Ebay, but at a price above
    $200. I don't want to pay that much.

    So, as for the LG VX 6100,can anyone tell me if it "echoes" like the VX 4400
    and 4500? I'm kind of hoping that has been fixed.

    Also, is the speakerphone decent? I was pleased w/ the speakerphone on the
    4500.

    Any feedback or suggestions is appreciated.


    "DonR" <drennard@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    news:fuyGd.8401$pZ4.4556@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
    > It's an OK phone. But the Audiovox CDM9900 is better for reception,
    battery
    > life, and sound quality. I think the best phone for reception and audio
    > right now is the Motorola V265, but the display and battery life leaves
    much
    > to be desired.
    >
    > "Dave M." <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > news:B7nGd.10922$wZ2.7463@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
    > > I recently lost my LG 4500 and need to replace it. The speaker phone
    > was
    > > great! One annoying problem however was the "echoing" that occurred now
    > and
    > > then. Overall though, I was pleased with the 4500.
    > >
    > > In researching the 6100 I've heard people talk about calls dropping off
    > > and/or low RF. How bad is the call reception? Does the fact that
    it's
    > > trimode help the situation?
    > >
    > > I've heard some say that the speakerphone quality is not that great. If
    > > it's similar to the 4500, that would be great for me. How is it?
    > >
    > > Finally, does the 6100 experience the "echo problem" of the 4400 and
    > 4500.
    > >
    > > Thanks for any input.
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Today I switched from my 4400 to the 6100, and have already returned the
    6100 because you cannot put the phone in (what I know as) silent mode--it
    still vibrates even if the ringer is off.

    Don't know if this matters to you or not, but be aware that you cannot make
    the phone completely silent.

    Janie


    "Uni" <no.email@no.email.invalid> wrote in message
    news:GuUGd.11445$wZ2.11033@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
    > Don - Thanks for your feedback. I checked into the Audiovox 9900, and
    > it's
    > not available at the Verizon stores. It is on Ebay, but at a price above
    > $200. I don't want to pay that much.
    >
    > So, as for the LG VX 6100,can anyone tell me if it "echoes" like the VX
    > 4400
    > and 4500? I'm kind of hoping that has been fixed.
    >
    > Also, is the speakerphone decent? I was pleased w/ the speakerphone on
    > the
    > 4500.
    >
    > Any feedback or suggestions is appreciated.
    >
    >
    >
    > "DonR" <drennard@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > news:fuyGd.8401$pZ4.4556@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
    >> It's an OK phone. But the Audiovox CDM9900 is better for reception,
    > battery
    >> life, and sound quality. I think the best phone for reception and audio
    >> right now is the Motorola V265, but the display and battery life leaves
    > much
    >> to be desired.
    >>
    >> "Dave M." <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> news:B7nGd.10922$wZ2.7463@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
    >> > I recently lost my LG 4500 and need to replace it. The speaker phone
    >> was
    >> > great! One annoying problem however was the "echoing" that occurred
    >> > now
    >> and
    >> > then. Overall though, I was pleased with the 4500.
    >> >
    >> > In researching the 6100 I've heard people talk about calls dropping off
    >> > and/or low RF. How bad is the call reception? Does the fact that
    > it's
    >> > trimode help the situation?
    >> >
    >> > I've heard some say that the speakerphone quality is not that great.
    >> > If
    >> > it's similar to the 4500, that would be great for me. How is it?
    >> >
    >> > Finally, does the 6100 experience the "echo problem" of the 4400 and
    >> 4500.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks for any input.
    >> >
    >> >
    >>
    >>
    >
    >
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    Silent mode can be simply activated by stepping the volume control on the side
    of the phone below the "LOW" setting, and into the "SILENT" setting.
    Wallahhhh
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    f
    "Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
    news:xGXGd.22717$fE4.4352077@twister.southeast.rr.com...
    > Today I switched from my 4400 to the 6100, and have already returned the
    > 6100 because you cannot put the phone in (what I know as) silent mode--it
    > still vibrates even if the ringer is off.
    >
    > Don't know if this matters to you or not, but be aware that you cannot
    make
    > the phone completely silent.
    >
    > Janie
    >
    >


    Janie - Thanks for your feedback. Was that aspect (silent feature) of the
    phone the only reason why you returned it? Other than that, how did you
    like it?

    I'm surprised, in a way, that the Verizon people didn't know how to operate
    the phone and tell you that indeed the phone could be placed in "silent
    mode". On the other hand, I realize that most of the employees there can't
    possilby know all the features on all the phones. For example, I was
    talking with a Verizon employee today about the vx 7000 and they thought
    that phone had a speakerphone. I had to correct them on that one. No big
    deal.

    While over at Verizon, I checked-out the VX 6100. It's similar in size to
    my old 4500, but has a bit of a nicer shape. The 4500 was like a big "tear
    drop" or pear shape. The screen on the 6100 appears to be larger which is a
    plus. jThe 6100 also has slightly raised keys, in contrast to the 4500 which
    could make it a tad easier to hit the keys. The 6100 is quite a bit
    smaller than the 7000. I've pretty much ruled out the 7000 because I like
    using the speakerphone every so often.

    The tri-mode is not that big of a deal for me as I'm in the SF Bay area and
    it seems digital is just about everywhere. When I go to rural areas, ie.
    camping, my daughter and wife both have the Audiovox 8900 (trimode) so I
    could use their's on those occasions. Looks like I'm definitely leaning
    towards the 6100. They're suppose to be back in stock by next week.

    Thanks again Janie & BJ3684 for your input.


    > "Uni" <no.email@no.email.invalid> wrote in message
    > news:GuUGd.11445$wZ2.11033@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
    > > Don - Thanks for your feedback. I checked into the Audiovox 9900, and
    > > it's
    > > not available at the Verizon stores. It is on Ebay, but at a price
    above
    > > $200. I don't want to pay that much.
    > >
    > > So, as for the LG VX 6100,can anyone tell me if it "echoes" like the VX
    > > 4400
    > > and 4500? I'm kind of hoping that has been fixed.
    > >
    > > Also, is the speakerphone decent? I was pleased w/ the speakerphone on
    > > the
    > > 4500.
    > >
    > > Any feedback or suggestions is appreciated.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > "DonR" <drennard@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > > news:fuyGd.8401$pZ4.4556@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
    > >> It's an OK phone. But the Audiovox CDM9900 is better for reception,
    > > battery
    > >> life, and sound quality. I think the best phone for reception and audio
    > >> right now is the Motorola V265, but the display and battery life leaves
    > > much
    > >> to be desired.
    > >>
    > >> "Dave M." <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > >> news:B7nGd.10922$wZ2.7463@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
    > >> > I recently lost my LG 4500 and need to replace it. The speaker
    phone
    > >> was
    > >> > great! One annoying problem however was the "echoing" that occurred
    > >> > now
    > >> and
    > >> > then. Overall though, I was pleased with the 4500.
    > >> >
    > >> > In researching the 6100 I've heard people talk about calls dropping
    off
    > >> > and/or low RF. How bad is the call reception? Does the fact that
    > > it's
    > >> > trimode help the situation?
    > >> >
    > >> > I've heard some say that the speakerphone quality is not that great.
    > >> > If
    > >> > it's similar to the 4500, that would be great for me. How is it?
    > >> >
    > >> > Finally, does the 6100 experience the "echo problem" of the 4400 and
    > >> 4500.
    > >> >
    > >> > Thanks for any input.
    > >> >
    > >> >
    > >>
    > >>
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    The Audiovox is still available at the Verizon Plus stores around here in
    Tampa. The VX6100 did not have an echo for the week I tried it, but
    reception was not very good, compared to the CDM9900 and the Motorola V265
    (the best).

    "Uni" <no.email@no.email.invalid> wrote in message
    news:GuUGd.11445$wZ2.11033@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
    > Don - Thanks for your feedback. I checked into the Audiovox 9900, and
    it's
    > not available at the Verizon stores. It is on Ebay, but at a price above
    > $200. I don't want to pay that much.
    >
    > So, as for the LG VX 6100,can anyone tell me if it "echoes" like the VX
    4400
    > and 4500? I'm kind of hoping that has been fixed.
    >
    > Also, is the speakerphone decent? I was pleased w/ the speakerphone on
    the
    > 4500.
    >
    > Any feedback or suggestions is appreciated.
    >
    >
    >
    > "DonR" <drennard@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > news:fuyGd.8401$pZ4.4556@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
    > > It's an OK phone. But the Audiovox CDM9900 is better for reception,
    > battery
    > > life, and sound quality. I think the best phone for reception and audio
    > > right now is the Motorola V265, but the display and battery life leaves
    > much
    > > to be desired.
    > >
    > > "Dave M." <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > news:B7nGd.10922$wZ2.7463@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
    > > > I recently lost my LG 4500 and need to replace it. The speaker
    phone
    > > was
    > > > great! One annoying problem however was the "echoing" that occurred
    now
    > > and
    > > > then. Overall though, I was pleased with the 4500.
    > > >
    > > > In researching the 6100 I've heard people talk about calls dropping
    off
    > > > and/or low RF. How bad is the call reception? Does the fact that
    > it's
    > > > trimode help the situation?
    > > >
    > > > I've heard some say that the speakerphone quality is not that great.
    If
    > > > it's similar to the 4500, that would be great for me. How is it?
    > > >
    > > > Finally, does the 6100 experience the "echo problem" of the 4400 and
    > > 4500.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks for any input.
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    I think you will love it. I have settled into it for awhile.

    "Quaoar" <quaoar@tenthplanet.net> wrote in message
    news:2uCdneuZDobEknHcRVn-rg@comcast.com...
    > DonR wrote:
    > > Very small by today's standards, and a total washout in direct
    > > sunlight, unless you use a totally white or very light-colored
    > > background. Indoors, the colors are Great.
    > >
    > > "Quaoar" <quaoar@tenthplanet.net> wrote in message
    > > news:XNOdncT-L8enRnfcRVn-pA@comcast.com...
    > >> DonR wrote:
    > >>> It's an OK phone. But the Audiovox CDM9900 is better for reception,
    > >>> battery life, and sound quality. I think the best phone for
    > >>> reception and audio right now is the Motorola V265, but the display
    > >>> and battery life leaves much to be desired.
    > >>>
    > >>> "Dave M." <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > >>> news:B7nGd.10922$wZ2.7463@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
    > >>>> I recently lost my LG 4500 and need to replace it. The speaker
    > >>>> phone was great! One annoying problem however was the "echoing"
    > >>>> that occurred now and then. Overall though, I was pleased with the
    > >>>> 4500.
    > >>>>
    > >>>> In researching the 6100 I've heard people talk about calls dropping
    > >>>> off and/or low RF. How bad is the call reception? Does the fact
    > >>>> that it's trimode help the situation?
    > >>>>
    > >>>> I've heard some say that the speakerphone quality is not that
    > >>>> great. If it's similar to the 4500, that would be great for me.
    > >>>> How is it?
    > >>>>
    > >>>> Finally, does the 6100 experience the "echo problem" of the 4400
    > >>>> and 4500.
    > >>>>
    > >>>> Thanks for any input.
    > >>
    > >> What is the problem with the display as you see it? Just curious.
    > >>
    > >> Q
    >
    > Thanks for that. I am looking at the Moto 265 specifically for the
    > voice and speech dialing quality.
    >
    > Q
    >
    >
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    You're welcome.

    Yes, that is the only reason I returned the 6100 (can't turn off vibrate).
    Of course, the salesman (very nice) tried to tell me over the phone how to
    do it (*, holding down on volume with phone closed, all the ways that
    usually work). I called him back and said that it still didn't work
    (thought maybe the * would work because I hadn't tried it yet). When I
    walked into the store about 20 minutes later, he was working on the display
    phone and I spoke to him--he said "well, you're right--I had no idea". I
    said "leave it to me to figure out some obscure thing about a product I buy
    that no salesman knows".

    It probably wouldn't be a big deal to most people, but sometimes I like
    seeing who tried to call without actually being bothered by their call (like
    late at night, while on vacation, at a movie).

    Good luck!

    "Dave M." <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    news:zD_Gd.12688$5R.5322@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
    > f
    > "Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
    > news:xGXGd.22717$fE4.4352077@twister.southeast.rr.com...
    >> Today I switched from my 4400 to the 6100, and have already returned the
    >> 6100 because you cannot put the phone in (what I know as) silent mode--it
    >> still vibrates even if the ringer is off.
    >>
    >> Don't know if this matters to you or not, but be aware that you cannot
    > make
    >> the phone completely silent.
    >>
    >> Janie
    >>
    >>
    >
    >
    >
    > Janie - Thanks for your feedback. Was that aspect (silent feature) of the
    > phone the only reason why you returned it? Other than that, how did you
    > like it?
    >
    > I'm surprised, in a way, that the Verizon people didn't know how to
    > operate
    > the phone and tell you that indeed the phone could be placed in "silent
    > mode". On the other hand, I realize that most of the employees there
    > can't
    > possilby know all the features on all the phones. For example, I was
    > talking with a Verizon employee today about the vx 7000 and they thought
    > that phone had a speakerphone. I had to correct them on that one. No big
    > deal.
    >
    > While over at Verizon, I checked-out the VX 6100. It's similar in size to
    > my old 4500, but has a bit of a nicer shape. The 4500 was like a big
    > "tear
    > drop" or pear shape. The screen on the 6100 appears to be larger which is
    > a
    > plus. jThe 6100 also has slightly raised keys, in contrast to the 4500
    > which
    > could make it a tad easier to hit the keys. The 6100 is quite a bit
    > smaller than the 7000. I've pretty much ruled out the 7000 because I
    > like
    > using the speakerphone every so often.
    >
    > The tri-mode is not that big of a deal for me as I'm in the SF Bay area
    > and
    > it seems digital is just about everywhere. When I go to rural areas, ie.
    > camping, my daughter and wife both have the Audiovox 8900 (trimode) so I
    > could use their's on those occasions. Looks like I'm definitely leaning
    > towards the 6100. They're suppose to be back in stock by next week.
    >
    > Thanks again Janie & BJ3684 for your input.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >> "Uni" <no.email@no.email.invalid> wrote in message
    >> news:GuUGd.11445$wZ2.11033@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
    >> > Don - Thanks for your feedback. I checked into the Audiovox 9900, and
    >> > it's
    >> > not available at the Verizon stores. It is on Ebay, but at a price
    > above
    >> > $200. I don't want to pay that much.
    >> >
    >> > So, as for the LG VX 6100,can anyone tell me if it "echoes" like the VX
    >> > 4400
    >> > and 4500? I'm kind of hoping that has been fixed.
    >> >
    >> > Also, is the speakerphone decent? I was pleased w/ the speakerphone on
    >> > the
    >> > 4500.
    >> >
    >> > Any feedback or suggestions is appreciated.
    >> >
    >> >
    >> >
    >> > "DonR" <drennard@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> > news:fuyGd.8401$pZ4.4556@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
    >> >> It's an OK phone. But the Audiovox CDM9900 is better for reception,
    >> > battery
    >> >> life, and sound quality. I think the best phone for reception and
    >> >> audio
    >> >> right now is the Motorola V265, but the display and battery life
    >> >> leaves
    >> > much
    >> >> to be desired.
    >> >>
    >> >> "Dave M." <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> >> news:B7nGd.10922$wZ2.7463@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
    >> >> > I recently lost my LG 4500 and need to replace it. The speaker
    > phone
    >> >> was
    >> >> > great! One annoying problem however was the "echoing" that occurred
    >> >> > now
    >> >> and
    >> >> > then. Overall though, I was pleased with the 4500.
    >> >> >
    >> >> > In researching the 6100 I've heard people talk about calls dropping
    > off
    >> >> > and/or low RF. How bad is the call reception? Does the fact that
    >> > it's
    >> >> > trimode help the situation?
    >> >> >
    >> >> > I've heard some say that the speakerphone quality is not that great.
    >> >> > If
    >> >> > it's similar to the 4500, that would be great for me. How is it?
    >> >> >
    >> >> > Finally, does the 6100 experience the "echo problem" of the 4400
    >> >> > and
    >> >> 4500.
    >> >> >
    >> >> > Thanks for any input.
    >> >> >
    >> >> >
    >> >>
    >> >>
    >> >
    >> >
    >>
    >>
    >
    >
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:38:14 GMT, "Uni" <no.email@no.email.invalid>
    wrote:

    >Don - Thanks for your feedback. I checked into the Audiovox 9900, and it's
    >not available at the Verizon stores. It is on Ebay, but at a price above
    >$200. I don't want to pay that much.
    >
    >So, as for the LG VX 6100,can anyone tell me if it "echoes" like the VX 4400
    >and 4500? I'm kind of hoping that has been fixed.
    >
    >Also, is the speakerphone decent? I was pleased w/ the speakerphone on the
    >4500.
    >
    >Any feedback or suggestions is appreciated.
    >
    >
    >
    >"DonR" <drennard@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >news:fuyGd.8401$pZ4.4556@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
    >> It's an OK phone. But the Audiovox CDM9900 is better for reception,
    >battery
    >> life, and sound quality. I think the best phone for reception and audio
    >> right now is the Motorola V265, but the display and battery life leaves
    >much
    >> to be desired.
    >>
    >> "Dave M." <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> news:B7nGd.10922$wZ2.7463@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
    >> > I recently lost my LG 4500 and need to replace it. The speaker phone
    >> was
    >> > great! One annoying problem however was the "echoing" that occurred now
    >> and
    >> > then. Overall though, I was pleased with the 4500.
    >> >
    >> > In researching the 6100 I've heard people talk about calls dropping off
    >> > and/or low RF. How bad is the call reception? Does the fact that
    >it's
    >> > trimode help the situation?
    >> >
    >> > I've heard some say that the speakerphone quality is not that great. If
    >> > it's similar to the 4500, that would be great for me. How is it?
    >> >
    >> > Finally, does the 6100 experience the "echo problem" of the 4400 and
    >> 4500.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks for any input.
    >> >
    >> >
    >>
    >>
    >
    If by echos you are talking about hearing your own words repeated then
    it is not a problem with your phone. It is caused by the tower.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

    I found out yesterday in talking we/ a Verizon employee that you're right!
    Initially they thought it was particular phones causing the problem. But
    now, indeed as you say, they've correlated the problem with their towers. I
    guess they're going to try to eliminate it, but I don't know how they plan
    on doing so.


    "teddeli" <teddeli@optonline.xxx> wrote in message
    news:u74qu0hk1vbg6k39jlu8ut31sp4e3ehr00@4ax.com...
    > On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:38:14 GMT, "Uni" <no.email@no.email.invalid>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Don - Thanks for your feedback. I checked into the Audiovox 9900, and
    >>it's
    >>not available at the Verizon stores. It is on Ebay, but at a price above
    >>$200. I don't want to pay that much.
    >>
    >>So, as for the LG VX 6100,can anyone tell me if it "echoes" like the VX
    >>4400
    >>and 4500? I'm kind of hoping that has been fixed.
    >>
    >>Also, is the speakerphone decent? I was pleased w/ the speakerphone on
    >>the
    >>4500.
    >>
    >>Any feedback or suggestions is appreciated.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>"DonR" <drennard@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >>news:fuyGd.8401$pZ4.4556@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
    >>> It's an OK phone. But the Audiovox CDM9900 is better for reception,
    >>battery
    >>> life, and sound quality. I think the best phone for reception and audio
    >>> right now is the Motorola V265, but the display and battery life leaves
    >>much
    >>> to be desired.
    >>>
    >>> "Dave M." <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>> news:B7nGd.10922$wZ2.7463@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
    >>> > I recently lost my LG 4500 and need to replace it. The speaker
    >>> > phone
    >>> was
    >>> > great! One annoying problem however was the "echoing" that occurred
    >>> > now
    >>> and
    >>> > then. Overall though, I was pleased with the 4500.
    >>> >
    >>> > In researching the 6100 I've heard people talk about calls dropping
    >>> > off
    >>> > and/or low RF. How bad is the call reception? Does the fact that
    >>it's
    >>> > trimode help the situation?
    >>> >
    >>> > I've heard some say that the speakerphone quality is not that great.
    >>> > If
    >>> > it's similar to the 4500, that would be great for me. How is it?
    >>> >
    >>> > Finally, does the 6100 experience the "echo problem" of the 4400 and
    >>> 4500.
    >>> >
    >>> > Thanks for any input.
    >>> >
    >>> >
    >>>
    >>>
    >>
    > If by echos you are talking about hearing your own words repeated then
    > it is not a problem with your phone. It is caused by the tower.
Ask a new question

Read More

Verizon LG Internet Service Providers