I need a bigger case with better airflow.

over_c

Distinguished
May 27, 2003
I have been having some severe problems with my system lately, and have finally tracked the problem down to a northbridge heat problem (I think, testing is ongoing). I think the heating problem could be resolved if I had a larger case with better airflow. I currently have an Antec Lanboy mini-tower case. When I have the hard drive and video card installed they are nearly touching each other, end to end. This means the front side intake blows air into the area around the PCI slots, but very little cool air gets up above the video card/HDD "wall" to cool the Northbridge and the CPU.

So, I am looking for suggestions for a new case. It must be a mid- or full-tower. I would prefer 120mm fan mounts and a case window, but these aren't necessary. Weight is not a factor, as I don't travel with my computer. I would like to pay less than $100 including shipping, not including additional fan purchases. I have a new and solid Fortron PSU, so I don't need the case to include one.

Any suggestions meeting my criteria would be greatly appreciated.

System specs:
P4 2.8C
Asus P4P800
2x512MB Patriot PC3200 w/ XBL @2-2-2-5
BFG GeForce 6800 OC
Seagate Barracuda 120 MB SATA HDD
TDK 40/16/24 CD-RW
3.5" floppy drive.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
A Chieftech Dragon would be a bit larger and allow alternate placement of the hard drive.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>