Incorrect space allocation on hard drive

My C:\ drive is showing that I only have 1 gig of free space left. It is a
40 gig drive. I've gone through and checked all the folders (incl. hidden)
and it only has 8 gig on it. I've seen several posts on this problem.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315688. That is the page they are always
refering to . That's great if you are a computer wiz! I've tried to follow
along and don't seem to get very far. Would "repairing" an XP installation
fix the problem? If not, what would?...in english please!

I just reformatted the drive and reinstalled all of the programs. It was
fine until a day ago. weird
1 answer Last reply
More about incorrect space allocation hard drive

    For disk space problems in xp try:814594 Also:307889 and:323442

    "Kameraman" wrote:

    > My C:\ drive is showing that I only have 1 gig of free space left. It is a
    > 40 gig drive. I've gone through and checked all the folders (incl. hidden)
    > and it only has 8 gig on it. I've seen several posts on this problem.
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315688. That is the page they are always
    > refering to . That's great if you are a computer wiz! I've tried to follow
    > along and don't seem to get very far. Would "repairing" an XP installation
    > fix the problem? If not, what would?...in english please!
    >
    > I just reformatted the drive and reinstalled all of the programs. It was
    > fine until a day ago. weird

Hard Drives Windows XP