Automated System Recovery - help

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I have a two HD system.
The original HD was Win98 and it was "C:". no partitions.
I added another HD (160 gb) and made it as the primary boot drive. It has XP
Pro Service pack 2 and was designated as "F:". No partitions.

When ever I booted up, drive "F:" would boot and everything was fine. The
windows directory was F:/Windows as would be expected.
Last month I created a ASR backup with 4 floppies and 12 DVDs.

Last week the drive got corrupted and fails to boot.
I bought a new drive (200gb) and ran the recovery which was originated on
the original installation disks.
It formated 160gb of the 200gb drive and I spent lots of time feeding it the
floppies and dvds.
When all was over I attempted to boot from the drive and it would not boot.

I'd hate to loose all my data.

Any suggestions why this is happening?
Thanks

If you have Windows NT / 2000 / XP, you can boot from startup floppy disks
or CD-ROM, choose repair option during setup, and run Recovery Console. When
you are logged on, you can run FIXMBR command to fix MBR.

I think this will work

peterk

the problem