notebook wont start

Okay, I have this Compaq notebook 800, it just wont start!
I dont remember doing anything to it.
any help, appreciated
thanks
felicity
4 answers Last reply
More about notebook wont start

    Felicity,
    What happens when you hit the power on button? Any lights or sounds at all?
    Please be specific so we might offer suggestions. You might check the first
    Q/A in the ompaq FAQ. It lists what info to post when you report a problem
    with your PC/Laptop.
    HH

    rbibiz" <barbibiz@austarnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > Okay, I have this Compaq notebook 800, it just wont start!
    > I dont remember doing anything to it.
    > any help, appreciated
    > thanks
    > felicity

    Sorry about the lack of info I was so pissed off about it happening I
    wasnt thinking straight.
    Okay, AC adapter plugged in and working, there is a green light, press the
    on button, nothing.
    No powering up ( I think that is what it is called) any ideas HH?
    thanks
    felicity
    "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Felicity,
    > What happens when you hit the power on button? Any lights or sounds at
    all?
    > Please be specific so we might offer suggestions. You might check the
    first
    > Q/A in the ompaq FAQ. It lists what info to post when you report a
    problem
    > with your PC/Laptop.
    > HH
    >
    > rbibiz" <barbibiz@austarnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > > Okay, I have this Compaq notebook 800, it just wont start!
    > > I dont remember doing anything to it.
    > > any help, appreciated
    > > thanks
    > > felicity

    I want to thank each and every one of you for your help.. can you believe
    it.. it has been fixed!!
    I told hubby it was not working and by chance he had the other day got the
    number of local guy who fixes them (unbelievable in this town.. to which we
    have not longed moved) Anyway half an hour later he arrives and in 10
    minutes had it working... he took the battery out and cleaned it(with a
    brush) the doodads..LOL.. connectors and hey presto it worked.. who knew?
    never occurred to me.
    So every one thanks.. now I have to go fix the acer laptop..
    regards
    felicity

    "barbibiz" <barbibiz@austarnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > Okay, I have this Compaq notebook 800, it just wont start!
    > I dont remember doing anything to it.
    > any help, appreciated
    > thanks
    > felicity

    Hmmm. Often the simple solution is the correct one. "Forest for the trees"
    type of thing. Glad you are up and running again. And thanks for posting the
    solution. Many do not.
    HH
    > I want to thank each and every one of you for your help.. can you
    believe
    > it.. it has been fixed!!
    > I told hubby it was not working and by chance he had the other day got
    the
    > number of local guy who fixes them (unbelievable in this town.. to which
    we
    > have not longed moved) Anyway half an hour later he arrives and in 10
    > minutes had it working... he took the battery out and cleaned it(with a
    > brush) the doodads..LOL.. connectors and hey presto it worked.. who knew?
    > never occurred to me.
    > So every one thanks.. now I have to go fix the acer laptop..
    > regards
    > felicity
    >

    > "barbibiz" <barbibiz@austarnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > > Okay, I have this Compaq notebook 800, it just wont start!
    > > I dont remember doing anything to it.
    > > any help, appreciated
    > > thanks
    > > felicity