VX6100 from VX4400....accessories

Last response: in Network Providers
January 16, 2005 5:39:34 PM

I am contemplating upgrading from a LG Vx4400 to a VX6100. Are any of the
accessories interchangeable? I mean data cables, chargers etc. TIA

--
CorkyF
January 16, 2005 9:33:00 PM

No. The connector is different for the charger and cables. Battery is
different. Hate it when they do that. Motorola and Nokia have done a good
job of staying standard. That is greatly appreciated.

"Roughrider50" <corkyf56@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am contemplating upgrading from a LG Vx4400 to a VX6100. Are any of the
> accessories interchangeable? I mean data cables, chargers etc. TIA
>
> --
> CorkyF

Anonymous
January 17, 2005 12:29:59 AM

"Roughrider50" <corkyf56@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am contemplating upgrading from a LG Vx4400 to a VX6100. Are any of the
>accessories interchangeable? I mean data cables, chargers etc. TIA
>
> --
> CorkyF

Just toss the plug.

One more thing on LG desktop chargers-- after many months/years of use, the
charger light may start to flash when you insert the phone indicating a poor
connection. If that happens, you'll need to reinsert the phone or wiggle it
forward/backward to get a solid connection. Usually wedging a folded
business card or something of similar size between the back of the phone and
the charger helps.

Ike
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 7:01:46 PM

"Ira Hayes" <redmanospam@xxxhotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Roughrider50" <corkyf56@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I am contemplating upgrading from a LG Vx4400 to a VX6100. Are any of the
> >accessories interchangeable? I mean data cables, chargers etc. TIA
> >
> > --
> > CorkyF
>
> Just toss the plug.
>
> One more thing on LG desktop chargers-- after many months/years of use,
the
> charger light may start to flash when you insert the phone indicating a
poor
> connection. If that happens, you'll need to reinsert the phone or wiggle
it
> forward/backward to get a solid connection. Usually wedging a folded
> business card or something of similar size between the back of the phone
and
> the charger helps.
>
> Ike

Or just use a soft rubber eraser on both the battery and charger contacts.

John
!