Can I restore files after clean up C: drive?

I have win xp today I use clean up in system tools in drive c and without
check the boxes that have been selected I press ok.after that when I see lose
the shortcut in my desktop I press cancel tab.unfortunately I lose my
previous my computer setting.
1-I have not my last desktop shortcut
2-In start-all programs shows empty when I select each program even in
Accessories then in System tools I have nothing
would u please help me to get previouce configurations I check restore
tools but I have only current date to restore( not before that.)

Thanks
Hosein from Iran
2 answers Last reply
More about restore files clean drive

    Hi / Bonjour *Hosein* :

    > I have win xp today I use clean up in system tools in drive c and without
    > check the boxes that have been selected I press ok.after that when I see lose
    > the shortcut in my desktop I press cancel tab.unfortunately I lose my
    > previous my computer setting.
    > 1-I have not my last desktop shortcut
    > 2-In start-all programs shows empty when I select each program even in
    > Accessories then in System tools I have nothing
    > would u please help me to get previouce configurations I check restore
    > tools but I have only current date to restore( not before that.)
    >
    > Thanks
    > Hosein from Iran

    Eh ?
    Which tool are you talking about Hosein ?

    Not C:\Windows\System32\cleanmgr.exe for sure...

    May be the "Desktop cleaner" ?
    That one ? Right click on desktop | properties | desktop tab |
    personalization button | cleaner assistant ?

    If you talk about this all desktops icons are saved in a folder on the
    desktop. They can be restored from there...

    And you lost all shortcuts in all programs in the same time ?
    This is very strange...

    This group is dedicated to performances and maintenance...
    I guess you should ask informations in this group instead:
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics

    Best regards,

    --
    Claude LaFrenière [MVP] :-)

    «My Principal Design Was To Inform, Not To Amuse Thee.»
    Lemuel Gulliver, The Travels (IV:12)
    http://climenole.serendipia.net
    Soon on www.msmvps.com
    Bientôt sur www.msmvps.com

    "Claude LaFrenière" wrote:

    > Hi / Bonjour *Hosein* :
    >
    > > I have win xp today I use clean up in system tools in drive c and without
    > > check the boxes that have been selected I press ok.after that when I see lose
    > > the shortcut in my desktop I press cancel tab.unfortunately I lose my
    > > previous my computer setting.
    > > 1-I have not my last desktop shortcut
    > > 2-In start-all programs shows empty when I select each program even in
    > > Accessories then in System tools I have nothing
    > > would u please help me to get previouce configurations I check restore
    > > tools but I have only current date to restore( not before that.)
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Hosein from Iran
    >
    > Eh ?
    > Which tool are you talking about Hosein ?
    >
    > Not C:\Windows\System32\cleanmgr.exe for sure...
    >
    > May be the "Desktop cleaner" ?
    > That one ? Right click on desktop | properties | desktop tab |
    > personalization button | cleaner assistant ?
    >
    > If you talk about this all desktops icons are saved in a folder on the
    > desktop. They can be restored from there...
    >
    > And you lost all shortcuts in all programs in the same time ?
    > This is very strange...
    >
    > This group is dedicated to performances and maintenance...
    > I guess you should ask informations in this group instead:
    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > --
    > Claude LaFrenière [MVP] :-)
    >
    > «My Principal Design Was To Inform, Not To Amuse Thee.»
    > Lemuel Gulliver, The Travels (IV:12)
    > http://climenole.serendipia.net
    > Soon on www.msmvps.com
    > Bientôt sur www.msmvps.com
    > thank

    thanks claude

    this is my action
    start-all programs-Accessories-system tools-clean up
    in window I select drive c: to clean up
    after that I dont check the boxes that check mark by the program itself and
    I press ok to start clean up more files such as Temp.

Windows XP