Can I restore files after clean up C: drive?

June 15, 2005 12:59:01 PM

I have win xp today I use clean up in system tools in drive c and without
check the boxes that have been selected I press ok.after that when I see lose
the shortcut in my desktop I press cancel tab.unfortunately I lose my
previous my computer setting.
1-I have not my last desktop shortcut
2-In start-all programs shows empty when I select each program even in
Accessories then in System tools I have nothing
would u please help me to get previouce configurations I check restore
tools but I have only current date to restore( not before that.)

Thanks
Hosein from Iran
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 4:28:31 PM

Hi / Bonjour *Hosein* :

> I have win xp today I use clean up in system tools in drive c and without
> check the boxes that have been selected I press ok.after that when I see lose
> the shortcut in my desktop I press cancel tab.unfortunately I lose my
> previous my computer setting.
> 1-I have not my last desktop shortcut
> 2-In start-all programs shows empty when I select each program even in
> Accessories then in System tools I have nothing
> would u please help me to get previouce configurations I check restore
> tools but I have only current date to restore( not before that.)
>
> Thanks
> Hosein from Iran

Eh ?
Which tool are you talking about Hosein ?

Not C:\Windows\System32\cleanmgr.exe for sure...

May be the "Desktop cleaner" ?
That one ? Right click on desktop | properties | desktop tab |
personalization button | cleaner assistant ?

If you talk about this all desktops icons are saved in a folder on the
desktop. They can be restored from there...

And you lost all shortcuts in all programs in the same time ?
This is very strange...

This group is dedicated to performances and maintenance...
I guess you should ask informations in this group instead:
microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics

Best regards,

--
Claude LaFrenière [MVP] :-)

«My Principal Design Was To Inform, Not To Amuse Thee.»
Lemuel Gulliver, The Travels (IV:12)
http://climenole.serendipia.net
Soon on www.msmvps.com
Bientôt sur www.msmvps.com
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 4:28:32 PM

"Claude LaFrenière" wrote:

> Hi / Bonjour *Hosein* :
>
> > I have win xp today I use clean up in system tools in drive c and without
> > check the boxes that have been selected I press ok.after that when I see lose
> > the shortcut in my desktop I press cancel tab.unfortunately I lose my
> > previous my computer setting.
> > 1-I have not my last desktop shortcut
> > 2-In start-all programs shows empty when I select each program even in
> > Accessories then in System tools I have nothing
> > would u please help me to get previouce configurations I check restore
> > tools but I have only current date to restore( not before that.)
> >
> > Thanks
> > Hosein from Iran
>
> Eh ?
> Which tool are you talking about Hosein ?
>
> Not C:\Windows\System32\cleanmgr.exe for sure...
>
> May be the "Desktop cleaner" ?
> That one ? Right click on desktop | properties | desktop tab |
> personalization button | cleaner assistant ?
>
> If you talk about this all desktops icons are saved in a folder on the
> desktop. They can be restored from there...
>
> And you lost all shortcuts in all programs in the same time ?
> This is very strange...
>
> This group is dedicated to performances and maintenance...
> I guess you should ask informations in this group instead:
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> Claude LaFrenière [MVP] :-)
>
> «My Principal Design Was To Inform, Not To Amuse Thee.»
> Lemuel Gulliver, The Travels (IV:12)
> http://climenole.serendipia.net
> Soon on www.msmvps.com
> Bientôt sur www.msmvps.com
> thank

thanks claude

this is my action
start-all programs-Accessories-system tools-clean up
in window I select drive c: to clean up
after that I dont check the boxes that check mark by the program itself and
I press ok to start clean up more files such as Temp.