I can barely see my screen!

I don't know what's happening. I've had my laptop for just about two years,
and it came with and still has Windows XP. But today it started to do
something I've never seen it do before. The screen is barely visible. Even
now I'm leaning towards my screen, squinting to see what I'm writing.

This is totally bizarre, and I'm not sure what to do. My Troubleshooter is
not much help either.
1 answer Last reply
More about barely screen

    redsonja wrote:
    > I don't know what's happening. I've had my laptop for just about two
    > years, and it came with and still has Windows XP. But today it
    > started to do something I've never seen it do before. The screen is
    > barely visible. Even now I'm leaning towards my screen, squinting to
    > see what I'm writing.
    >
    > This is totally bizarre, and I'm not sure what to do. My
    > Troubleshooter is not much help either.

    Here's an easy test..

    First - check the brightness settings - most laptops have a way (keyboard
    strokes) to make the laptop LCD brighter/dimmer. Usually some Fn+something
    key combo.

    Then..
    Turn off the laptop.
    Turn it on - enter the BIOS (before it boots) - check the brightness
    settings (likely under some power settings) for the screen..
    If all that is okay - what does the screen look like now? Still dim?...
    Then..

    "It's broke - hardware - nothing to do with Windows."

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

Microsoft Windows XP