windows media player problem

when i click on w m p, i get the message " an internal application error has
incurred "

how do i fix this?
thanks
--
hendo
4 answers Last reply

    Try,
    start > control panel > add or remove programs (classic view) >
    add/remove windows components > scroll to bottom to windows media
    player and check or uncheck the box to uninstall or to install.
    and/or, download windows media player 10 from windows update and
    install.

    done this, media player seems to be working ok but with no sound. How can
    this be sorted. many thanks for your help
    --
    hendo

    "needlove" wrote:

    > Try,
    > start > control panel > add or remove programs (classic view) >
    > add/remove windows components > scroll to bottom to windows media
    > player and check or uncheck the box to uninstall or to install.
    > and/or, download windows media player 10 from windows update and
    > install.

    If your whole PC has no sound it may be a hardware driver that needs
    updating or your system may require amplified speakers. If its just
    your user account you may have a corrupted sound file. If its just the
    media player itself with no sound I would scan for virus and malware
    then reinstall.

    For software sound issues:
    Have you gone to your control panel and looked under sounds and audio
    devices to see if your mute box is checked? Also I would check the box
    to place a volume icon in the task bar and see if it appears there
    there and you have a right click menu appear to open and adjust audio
    properties. Make sure none of those are muted that you would need.
    Ensure that Windows Audio service is running and set to automatic in
    services. If a virus or other corrupted something you might try a fix
    for the sounds from Kellies Korner:

    I removed and reinstalled Media Player as you said, but I still get that
    error message. What should I do?

    "needlove" wrote:

    > Try,
    > start > control panel > add or remove programs (classic view) >
    > add/remove windows components > scroll to bottom to windows media
    > player and check or uncheck the box to uninstall or to install.
    > and/or, download windows media player 10 from windows update and
    > install.

Microsoft Media Player Windows XP