WIA Service hung on starting

Hello,

Finally! I successfully installed a HP PSC 2355 all-in-one printer,
scanner, copier. I followed the directions to reboot the computer and
did so, waiting for the Windows Image Aquisition Service to hang for
several minutes before my desktop would finally appear and I could
access the said service and change it to manual startup.

Yes, I had been through this before but had always used the Last Known
Good Configuration option before I Googled the WIA hung error.
Apparently others had had the same experience.

I have no problems with the install at this point but I would really
like to know what happened. Is it poorly written installation software
or is it something to do with Windows XP and/or its recent service
pack? Could someone enlighten me?

FYI
There were eighty-four errors in the span of one second during the
install in which the Application Management Service terminated (file
not found). This was just prior to when the installation software
turned on the WIA service and it was set to automatic.

--
Treeman

needlove,
What happens usually is this; Xp as your OS has it's own standards for
allowing devices to be installed.
3rd. party applications & device drivers may change the way the OS
functions when they are installed.
Your WIA service may have been started or stopped as a result.
You may or may not recieve errors, your mileage may vary, please check
with the store for details, buy now & save!
Video drivers & their applications are notorious for this also.
Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw.
Glad you got it figured out.
Best,
treeman

--