Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Lag in battlefield 3 ultra with these specs?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 1, 2012 2:33:41 AM

I shouldn't be lagging on ultra with these specs...but i do..why?
Single Radeon 6850 oveclocked to max useing AMD overdrive
8GB DDR3 dual channel memory
AMD Athlon II x4 640 Overclocked @ 3.6GHz
500w PSU
760GM-P33 Motherboard.
February 1, 2012 2:37:47 AM

Running @ 1080p on a 1980x1080 monitor with 32bit color.
Score
0

Best solution

a b À AMD
February 1, 2012 7:19:05 AM

not suprised. the 6850 cant max out bf3 you will need a bigger card...
not being funny m8 but i have a 5870 and i cant max it at ultra either... the 6870 although scales better in crossfire is a weaker card than its predecessor when only 1 is used, and yours is about 10% short of the 6870 performance wise....
you may be able to max it on a 9870 and still get 60fps in some areas but unlikely that you will for all... currently there is only 2-3 single gpu cards that will allow max settings @1080p or more and they are expensive in comparison to the performance you get...
run the game at high and i guarantee you will hardly notice the difference.. literally its just deeper shadowing... use the ultra setting as the base line. then reduce the dx11 specifics first. things like ssao or hbao, torn off broken depth of field or dof and set your shadows to medium... the rest should be left unless your struggling to stay over 60fps.


Share
Related resources
February 1, 2012 8:49:26 AM

I am running bf3 maxed out with my 5830 overclocked to 960/1240 @ 1080p Everything is as high as it goes except no AA.

I am running an i7 930 @ 3.8GHZ W/ HT on and 4GB of DDR3 1600. How am I able to run everything as high as it goes except 0x AA and you aren't with your 6850 and your 5870?
Score
0
February 1, 2012 9:23:22 AM

vexun11 said:
I am running bf3 maxed out with my 5830 overclocked to 960/1240 @ 1080p Everything is as high as it goes except no AA.

I am running an i7 930 @ 3.8GHZ W/ HT on and 4GB of DDR3 1600. How am I able to run everything as high as it goes except 0x AA and you aren't with your 6850 and your 5870?


I smell B.S.

Try running Caspian Border 64 player maxed out @ 1080 on your system.

I'm not being funny with you. My system only just manages to run Caspain Border maxed out @ 1080 with 40-60fps
Score
0
February 1, 2012 9:30:05 AM

memeandc said:
I shouldn't be lagging on ultra with these specs...but i do..why?
Single Radeon 6850 oveclocked to max useing AMD overdrive
8GB DDR3 dual channel memory
AMD Athlon II x4 640 Overclocked @ 3.6GHz
500w PSU
760GM-P33 Motherboard.


What makes you assume you shouldn't be lagging?

Unfortunately your system isn't strong enough to play BF3 on ultra. BF3 is very demanding.

Try lowering your settings slightly until you get decent FPS. A good place to start will be lowering AA and shadows and turning things such as HBAO and SSAO off.

Score
0
February 1, 2012 10:32:40 AM

Gothams Finest said:
I smell B.S.

Try running Caspian Border 64 player maxed out @ 1080 on your system.

I'm not being funny with you. My system only just manages to run Caspain Border maxed out @ 1080 with 40-60fps


I am only talking about single player, is that what I am missing? I know multiplayer is more demanding, but in single player my framerate is 40+ all the time with max settings, I haven't played multiplayer yet. Maybe once I add a second 5830 I will be able to run multiplayer better.
Score
0
February 1, 2012 11:14:18 AM

Best answer selected by memeandc.
Score
0
a b À AMD
February 1, 2012 3:29:28 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!