wireless or internet in Europe

Any special hints about wireless or Internet access in Europe using an
American Laptop and wireless or Ethernet/
4 answers Last reply
More about wireless internet europe

    "VO" <here@there> wrote in message
    > Any special hints about wireless or Internet access in Europe using an
    > American Laptop and wireless or Ethernet/

    Nothing Special. The only thing which might catch you out is that Europe
    allows 13 channels and the US only 11. Therefore if your location uses
    channels 12 or 13 you would obviously have problems. However most hotspots
    etc support channels in the range of 1-11

    Tony

    Tony Field wrote:
    > "VO" <here@there> wrote in message
    >
    >>Any special hints about wireless or Internet access in Europe using an
    >>American Laptop and wireless or Ethernet/
    >

    > Nothing Special. The only thing which might catch you out is that Europe
    > allows 13 channels and the US only 11. Therefore if your location uses
    > channels 12 or 13 you would obviously have problems. However most hotspots
    > etc support channels in the range of 1-11
    >
    > Tony

    Thanks.
    That's all I had heard, even for going from there to here.
    It's what we haven't heard that causes excused drinking.

    > Any special hints about wireless or Internet access in Europe using an
    > American Laptop and wireless or Ethernet/

    Well in the UK, you're gonna get raped on hotspot prices. :)

    David Taylor wrote:
    >>Any special hints about wireless or Internet access in Europe using an
    >>American Laptop and wireless or Ethernet/
    >

    > Well in the UK, you're gonna get raped on hotspot prices. :)

    We are spoiled with prices for just about everything here in U.S.

Wireless Internet Access Internet Wireless Networking