wireless or internet in Europe

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
August 25, 2005 6:24:57 PM

Any special hints about wireless or Internet access in Europe using an
American Laptop and wireless or Ethernet/
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 26, 2005 1:29:57 AM

"VO" <here@there> wrote in message
> Any special hints about wireless or Internet access in Europe using an
> American Laptop and wireless or Ethernet/

Nothing Special. The only thing which might catch you out is that Europe
allows 13 channels and the US only 11. Therefore if your location uses
channels 12 or 13 you would obviously have problems. However most hotspots
etc support channels in the range of 1-11

Tony
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 26, 2005 1:29:58 AM

Tony Field wrote:
> "VO" <here@there> wrote in message
>
>>Any special hints about wireless or Internet access in Europe using an
>>American Laptop and wireless or Ethernet/
>

> Nothing Special. The only thing which might catch you out is that Europe
> allows 13 channels and the US only 11. Therefore if your location uses
> channels 12 or 13 you would obviously have problems. However most hotspots
> etc support channels in the range of 1-11
>
> Tony

Thanks.
That's all I had heard, even for going from there to here.
It's what we haven't heard that causes excused drinking.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 26, 2005 9:59:56 AM

> Any special hints about wireless or Internet access in Europe using an
> American Laptop and wireless or Ethernet/

Well in the UK, you're gonna get raped on hotspot prices. :)
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 26, 2005 3:41:49 PM

David Taylor wrote:
>>Any special hints about wireless or Internet access in Europe using an
>>American Laptop and wireless or Ethernet/
>

> Well in the UK, you're gonna get raped on hotspot prices. :)

We are spoiled with prices for just about everything here in U.S.
!