No Sound only When I am logging on.

June 17, 2005 2:06:03 PM

I have Windows XP Home Edition and there are four (4) different users on our
computer. A few days ago, I was logging onto my name on our computer and the
Windows Start Up sound did not play so I thought the entire computer had no
sound. However, when I checked I discovered that the sound is only absent
when I log on or off. I have sound everywhere else but not when I am logging
on or logging off. I have checked in the Control Panel, but the startup and
exit sound effects are both marked there and both play there. Any ideas?

More about : sound logging

Anonymous
June 18, 2005 4:14:38 AM

Have you gone to your control panel and looked under sounds and audio
devices to see if your mute box is checked? Also I would check the box
to place a volume icon in the task bar and see if it appears there
there and you have a right click menu appear to open and adjust audio
properties. Make sure none of those are muted that you would need.
Ensure that Windows Audio service is running and set to automatic in
services. If a virus or other corrupted something you might try a fix
for the sounds from Kellies Korner: