VIRTUAL MEMORY

I have message when i run defragmentation wizard on system mechanic which
says Virtual memory minimum too low ! IS there anything i can do about that
? And what problems will it cause ? Is this why my pc is so slow ?

Lisa

Virtual memory will report as 'low' if you have made manual changes to the
setting, or if your drive has less than 15% free space left.. assuming that
you have made no changes to the default virtual memory setting, look for
ways to clear excess files from your hard drive..

Double click on My Computer.. then right click on the C drive icon and
select 'properties'.. the ensuing window will show used and free disk
capacity..

You could start by using XP's own 'Disk Clean'.. or if you have a drive that
is partitioned, you could move files that you have generated or saved to the
other partition.. you CAN'T move program files in this way..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland

"Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have message when i run defragmentation wizard on system mechanic which
> says Virtual memory minimum too low ! IS there anything i can do about
> that
> ? And what problems will it cause ? Is this why my pc is so slow ?

"Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have message when i run defragmentation wizard on system mechanic which
>says Virtual memory minimum too low ! IS there anything i can do about that
>? And what problems will it cause ? Is this why my pc is so slow ?

See the article on virtual memory in Windows XP by the late Alex
Nichol MVP at http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.htm

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Sandman

Lisa, the page is a very thorough, well thought out description of what a
page file is and how it works, but I bet it will leave you with one gnawing
question; 'well, what should I do then?'..
> "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have message when i run defragmentation wizard on system mechanic which
> >says Virtual memory minimum too low ! IS there anything i can do about
that
> >? And what problems will it cause ? Is this why my pc is so slow ?
>
> See the article on virtual memory in Windows XP by the late Alex
> Nichol MVP at http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.htm
>
> Good luck
>

> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

> http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Exactly still have no idea sandman ! I am a girl you have to talk in simple
terms, no being honest i thought i was quite good with the P.C but just at a
right stand still with this...i have error when i start my pc everytime, i
have not written it don but i will next time and maybe this will shed some
light....