Slow XP shutdown after Spyware Doctor file quarantines

June 17, 2005 5:22:05 PM

After cleaning up my PC with Spyware Doctor, XP Pro reported some missing
files and wanted the installation CD. I pressed 'OK' but before I could
insert the CD, XP announced that the CD inserted (none!) was incorrect! I
can't now get back to that screen to try again. Restore doesn't work; neither
does S. Doctor's file restore. Can anyone help?
--
MikeInUnit11
Anonymous

unit11 <mikejwatson@ocset.ten> wrote:

>After cleaning up my PC with Spyware Doctor, XP Pro reported some missing
>files and wanted the installation CD. I pressed 'OK' but before I could
>insert the CD, XP announced that the CD inserted (none!) was incorrect! I
>can't now get back to that screen to try again. Restore doesn't work; neither
>does S. Doctor's file restore. Can anyone help?

Run the System File Checker.
"Description of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 System File Checker
(Sfc.exe)" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310747)

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233