Slow XP shutdown after Spyware Doctor file quarantines

After cleaning up my PC with Spyware Doctor, XP Pro reported some missing
files and wanted the installation CD. I pressed 'OK' but before I could
insert the CD, XP announced that the CD inserted (none!) was incorrect! I
can't now get back to that screen to try again. Restore doesn't work; neither
does S. Doctor's file restore. Can anyone help?
--
MikeInUnit11
1 answer Last reply

    unit11 <mikejwatson@ocset.ten> wrote:

    >After cleaning up my PC with Spyware Doctor, XP Pro reported some missing
    >files and wanted the installation CD. I pressed 'OK' but before I could
    >insert the CD, XP announced that the CD inserted (none!) was incorrect! I
    >can't now get back to that screen to try again. Restore doesn't work; neither
    >does S. Doctor's file restore. Can anyone help?

    Run the System File Checker.
    "Description of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 System File Checker
    (Sfc.exe)" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310747)

    --
    (tm)
    ICQ: 192649233