Tech57

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2005
http://www20.tomshardware.com/howto/20050228/index.html

Is there any reason why no Thermaltake PSU's were tested?
Also, I like the Enermax PSU's but have heard from a supplier that they have experienced frequent failure, have you experienced this of the brand?
Lastly, does your testing procedure have the ability to indicate the expected lifetime/reliability of a PSU under normal useage?

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have been using Enermax PSUs for my systems for a few year. They are very reliable.

Last year I read a Magazine review of three $5,000+ PC from Falcon Northwest, Maingear and Voodoo PC and all 3 manufacturers use Enermax PSU for their show-horses. I think it is a good indicator that Enermax make great PSU.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Review sites normally don't buy parts, instead they contact all the manufacturers they can think of, tell them about the review, and request that if the manufacturer would like to be represented in the review they supply a part within a certain deadline. It's possible Thermaltake simply didn't pony up.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Its a real shame that Thermaltake didnt get them one of the new 680W PSU's. They are a fine peice of work. Watt for Watt they are actually cheaper on average than alot of the other quality units

READ THE STICKY AND WIN A PRIZE! ALL PRIZES CAN BE CLAIMED IN THE SECTION TITLED "THE OTHER"

carlo75

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2005
Another shame is that the lowest priced Power supply is not the Silverstone SST-ST52F My power supply is a AMS MERCURY EPS 12V 460W aproved by FCC, FIMCO, NEMCO,S-MARK, DEMCO, cUL, CB, TUV...and its cost in newegg was about 75 dollars. this power supply was not included, yet it comes PCI express ready, and has EPS dual 12V lines. should be included...