EQLive UI question (damage shields)

In EQLive, my combat spam includes a message when I hit a mob
that's wearing a damage shield. The message is usually something
woefully uninformative, like "YOU are burned!" I'd like to see a
number so I know if I'm being burned enough to worry about. When
a mob hits MY ds, I *do* see a message saying how much the mob
took from it. (But if a mob hits someone else who's got a ds, I
don't see the damage then either.)

Is there something I can do with the chat window menu (e.g., under
Filters, Channel, or Hit Modes) that will get it to tell me how
much damage I'm taking? If it means I see other extra stuff, like
when other people take damage from a ds, so be it.

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 51 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 41 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- http://www.iCynic.com/~don

"Don Woods" <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote in message
> In EQLive, my combat spam includes a message when I hit a mob
> that's wearing a damage shield. The message is usually something
> woefully uninformative, like "YOU are burned!" I'd like to see a
> number so I know if I'm being burned enough to worry about. When
> a mob hits MY ds, I *do* see a message saying how much the mob
> took from it. (But if a mob hits someone else who's got a ds, I
> don't see the damage then either.)
>
> Is there something I can do with the chat window menu (e.g., under
> Filters, Channel, or Hit Modes) that will get it to tell me how
> much damage I'm taking? If it means I see other extra stuff, like
> when other people take damage from a ds, so be it.
>
> -- Don.

The only way to see the number from damage shields is to turn on "Other's
hits," which brings in a *bunch* of other spam. Every hit that anyone near
you makes on a mob, and every hit a mob makes on a player. And yes, it's
really stupid... but thats the way they programmed it.

--
Davian - Wood Elf Warrior on Guk
Talynne - Half Elf Rogue on Guk

TRENDING THREADS