Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Graphics Cards
  • ATI
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
February 1, 2012 3:58:35 PM

Hello,
I'm trying to play the punisher game on my laptop and I have the following specs:
Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
ATI mobility Radeon hd 5470
Is this going to work or do I need a better graphics card for an ATI only or can I use GeForce ? Please advise.

More about : graphics card

a b U Graphics card
February 1, 2012 4:26:23 PM

punisher is an old game so you should manage to get a usable frame rate.
you may have to turn the settings down a littl but it should work as i think its a dx9 game... i know it didnt look that good when i looked at it last year...

also your using a lappy, forget about upgrading gfx, you just wont be able to... even if you can pop it out and put in another your battery life will suffer to the point of being unusable... not all cards have the same power requirements and laptops are built to tight specifications. so adding another gfx card would likely go beyond the power draw that the batteries will provide.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 2, 2012 9:07:32 AM

^ That, and mobile cards are extremely expensive and hard to get a hold of.
m
l
Related resources
February 15, 2012 6:39:07 PM

HEXiT said:
punisher is an old game so you should manage to get a usable frame rate.
you may have to turn the settings down a littl but it should work as i think its a dx9 game... i know it didnt look that good when i looked at it last year...

also your using a lappy, forget about upgrading gfx, you just wont be able to... even if you can pop it out and put in another your battery life will suffer to the point of being unusable... not all cards have the same power requirements and laptops are built to tight specifications. so adding another gfx card would likely go beyond the power draw that the batteries will provide.

Ok so how do I turn the "settings" down a little ?
m
l
February 15, 2012 6:51:52 PM

Try downloading game booster, google it! It wipes your RAM (random access memory) without shutting your computer down. And also shuts down programs which you don't use
m
l
!