over 160mb on compaq presario 1260/similar?

Hi all,

Been offered a Presario 1260. Was wondering if it's possible to get the
system to use more than 160MB - I know the limit is quoted everywhere
on Compaq materials, but was wondering if it's an issue with
official support, BIOS reporting (which you can force some OSs to ignore),
or a physical chipset/motherboard ceiling.

I expect the answer is the same for all Presario models of a similar era,
ie 333-600MHz 12XX.

Thanks,

--
Tom Garcia | tgarcia-ng@hivemind.NOSPAMTHX.org

hh

Tom,
Nope. 160 is it for the 1260. 32MB soldered and a single SODIMM slot that
will accept a 32-128MB SDRAM SODIMM. Most likely a chipset memory controller
limit on that model.
HH