Mass Diablo 3 Invites Went Out Today

steadywaters

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
Calling all hardcore Diablo fans!

Blizzard appears to have sent out mass beta invites to Diablo 3 today. Hoards of members in Diablo 3 forums have reported that they've been offered beta access. I have gotten mine as well - no sleep tonight...

I didn't get any email. Log into your Battle.net account and check your status under the Diablo III tab to see if you've gotten beta access - then you can download the game client.

Though I'd much prefer a release date vs. a beta invite.

Anraleth

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
Having been with D III beta since its second build, I can say i'm extremely dissapointed with it.

Maybe it's just a phase i'm going through, but I think the game was garbage.

DeViLzzz2007

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
Glad I didn't get one as I think I have given Blizzard enough of my money when I played WOW so no interest in looking at other new Blizzard games right now. I look forward to Guild Wars 2 and Torchlight 2. Those games will definitely get my money before any game from Blizzard gets it again.

CrysisComa

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Played around with the game and it was....meh...i personally thought the environment and people were a bit too...colorful and nice.

Didn't have the same dark environment D2 had. but then again I only got a small taste of the game.

Desertlax

Distinguished
May 23, 2008
the fun of Diablo games really comes in the end-game/after-game with item collecting (not really everyone's bag of tea). So far with a level can of 13 we really don't get to see much of the game at all or what items will be implemented. So far it's not exactly fun to beta test because very specific systems are being tested in a very narrow range. While I enjoy what we can access (Comparing a lvl 13 experience in D2 to D3) , there is so much that is shrouded right now that I'm still excited to see if they can pull off the rest of the game.

That said so many of the systems are getting simplified, and that worries me that they may simply over-simplify, and wipe the appeal away. No pet scrolls, less crafting mats, simplified runestones (not runes, but runestones), simplified tooltips, simplified base stats, etc. I hope they don't make it too easy, after all with D2 the devil was in the details.

purpleturnip

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012

purpleturnip

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012