Deus Ex: Human Revolution annoying achievement!

Thegeek

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
Ok, so I'm pretty annoyed that I completed Deus Ex today on "Give me Deus Ex"(hardest mode) and working on the 'Foxiest of the Hounds' achievement, which is where you don't set off any alarms throughout the entire game, and I never got the achievement! :fou:

I did everything I could think of and I can't think where I went wrong. I avoided turrents, security cameras and robots. I hid all the bodies when I needed to. So now I've started again on the easiest mode to try and get the achievement yet again. :pfff: Is there any advice you people can give me? How did you do it?

On some parts such as the start where the lab is being attacked and where you have the option to save Faridah Malik, how are you supposed to remain unnoticed while everyone is shooting? :lol: This is really frustrating because you don't have some sort of stats menu to tell you how many times you've been caught, how many kills, knock outs and so on...

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

You must know that not all alarms are lights,noise,etc... some of they are silent, when a guard see you and activate it, you may not be hearing it, but the other guards are all in "Caution"(yellow looking for someone) so that means you have already activated the alarm. probably you have activated it and just don't remember;

Always look for hidden passages, they avoid a lot of conflicts, normally when you are being attacked, are some vents to avoid contact.

I am not sure but i think even if you hack a turrent to attack other, the alarm is activated.

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

Are you playing on PC (i.e Steam Achievement) or Xbox 360? Just curious.

When I play the game I usually don't have much of a problem staying undetected, I play on PC and save every minute so if I slip up I hit the quick load key. That's the way I do it. Save every 30 seconds using the quick save key (F5) and if I mess up I hit the quick load key (F8). This makes it extremely easy - if you mess up, start from 30 seconds earlier. It works essentially like a rewind key when you use it as often as I do.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thegeek

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011

Xbox, mate.

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

Save extremely often.

As for not knowing when you've been detected, a good indicator of when you've been detected is when you draw enemy fire. Just save every minute or so when you are in dangerous situations, and pay close attention to where the enemies are shooting. If they are engaged with you (looking in your direction, shooting at you, flanking you, etc), then you know you are discovered (and you can kiss that achievement goodbye) - and if there is any doubt at all, just reload.

Once you reach a certain point where you are absolutely sure you made it undiscovered, save your game and continue.

Thegeek

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011

Thanks, man. I'll do that. :D

TRENDING THREADS