  • Laptop Battery
  • Windows XP
a b D Laptop
June 19, 2005 5:39:29 PM

I have a laptop with xp maybe a year and a half old and a new battery.
However, I cannot turn on my laptop without directly plugging it into an
outlet. Everytime I take the plug out, my laptop turns off immediately. On my
taskbar, it says: Charging 67%. Its been saying that for like a couple days
now even though I have been charging it. Whats wrong and how do I fix it?
Thanks

More about : laptop battery weird

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 19, 2005 7:51:48 PM

Contact the manufacturer of your laptop for technical support.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"xtrememjy" wrote:

| I have a laptop with xp maybe a year and a half old and a new battery.
| However, I cannot turn on my laptop without directly plugging it into an
| outlet. Everytime I take the plug out, my laptop turns off immediately. On my
| taskbar, it says: Charging 67%. Its been saying that for like a couple days
| now even though I have been charging it. Whats wrong and how do I fix it?
| Thanks
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 19, 2005 11:28:37 PM

You buy a new battery for the notebook unfortunately. Sometimes they fail.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"xtrememjy" <xtrememjy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a laptop with xp maybe a year and a half old and a new battery.
> However, I cannot turn on my laptop without directly plugging it into an
> outlet. Everytime I take the plug out, my laptop turns off immediately. On
> my
> taskbar, it says: Charging 67%. Its been saying that for like a couple
> days
> now even though I have been charging it. Whats wrong and how do I fix it?
> Thanks

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 20, 2005 1:50:47 AM

"xtrememjy" <xtrememjy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...
>I have a laptop with xp maybe a year and a half old and a new battery.
> However, I cannot turn on my laptop without directly plugging it into an
> outlet. Everytime I take the plug out, my laptop turns off immediately. On my
> taskbar, it says: Charging 67%. Its been saying that for like a couple days
> now even though I have been charging it. Whats wrong and how do I fix it?

Battery has failed. Replace it.
!