Laptop Battery is Weird

I have a laptop with xp maybe a year and a half old and a new battery.
However, I cannot turn on my laptop without directly plugging it into an
outlet. Everytime I take the plug out, my laptop turns off immediately. On my
taskbar, it says: Charging 67%. Its been saying that for like a couple days
now even though I have been charging it. Whats wrong and how do I fix it?
Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about laptop battery weird

    Contact the manufacturer of your laptop for technical support.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "xtrememjy" wrote:

    | I have a laptop with xp maybe a year and a half old and a new battery.
    | However, I cannot turn on my laptop without directly plugging it into an
    | outlet. Everytime I take the plug out, my laptop turns off immediately. On my
    | taskbar, it says: Charging 67%. Its been saying that for like a couple days
    | now even though I have been charging it. Whats wrong and how do I fix it?
    | Thanks

    You buy a new battery for the notebook unfortunately. Sometimes they fail.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "xtrememjy" <xtrememjy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a laptop with xp maybe a year and a half old and a new battery.
    > However, I cannot turn on my laptop without directly plugging it into an
    > outlet. Everytime I take the plug out, my laptop turns off immediately. On
    > my
    > taskbar, it says: Charging 67%. Its been saying that for like a couple
    > days
    > now even though I have been charging it. Whats wrong and how do I fix it?
    > Thanks

    "xtrememjy" <xtrememjy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...
    >I have a laptop with xp maybe a year and a half old and a new battery.
    > However, I cannot turn on my laptop without directly plugging it into an
    > outlet. Everytime I take the plug out, my laptop turns off immediately. On my
    > taskbar, it says: Charging 67%. Its been saying that for like a couple days
    > now even though I have been charging it. Whats wrong and how do I fix it?

    Battery has failed. Replace it.

Laptops Laptop Battery Windows XP