Piccoro

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2004
I was looking for a new Powersupply to replace my Enermax Unit. Athlon 64 3000+ @2.4Ghz and a 6800GT with 4 drives (2HDD+2DVD/CDRW).

How is this unit? <A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-104-934&depa=0" target="_new">Fortron Blue Storm 500Watt</A>
Suggestions or any better choices?

This machine is on almost 24/7 also.

G

A lot of people say that's a great psu, not too expensive either. Crashman recommends it :smile:

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Enthusiast </b>!! </font color=green>
<i> <font color=red> One new Firefox fan </font color=red> </i>

ed_jacobson

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2005
I have had this PSU running for about a week now and am very pleased. It is very quiet and I've had no problems. I don't think you can find an ATX 12V 2.01 PSU for under $100 with a better combination of power, efficiency, and features such as 24 pin and PCI-E connectors, sheathed wires, and silence (one 120mm fan). There a some by OCZ, Antec, Enermax and perhaps others that may be as good or better, but they seem to be in the $130-180 price range.

RichPLS

Champion
Here is an <A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-910&depa=0" target="_new"> Antec True 550watt for $99 at NewEgg </A>

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

G

Do all of the Antec True psus have the 24pin connector?

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Enthusiast </b>!! </font color=green>

arnold873

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005
i don`t believe the antecs are 2.03
their website is very confusing as to outputs
the neopowers appear to be 2.03 however

god save the queen

G

bah I'm gonna stick with the FSP. Think the 400w Blue Storm will do me just fine :smile: