Your question

WinXP Screensaver

Tags:
  • Screensaver
  • Monitors
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
September 7, 2005 11:05:47 AM

My kids love playing MS Flight Simulator and Train Simulator. We have a standing rule that once they are done with the game, they are to make sure they close it out and turn off the monitor (2005FPW). However, I want to ensure the monitor is protected should they (or I) get distracted and forget to take care of things. I have noticed that WinXP will not start the screensaver or shut the monitor off if either of these programs is left running and onscreen (even if the screen has no movement on it). Anyone know of a way to ensure that the screensaver runs or the monitor shuts down regardless of what software is running at the time? Thanks.

More about : winxp screensaver

September 7, 2005 4:02:48 PM

The game will prevent saver or "off" on monitor no matter what you do. That's the way solfware is done. They do not disturb each other.

PS: and if the memory loss runs in your family, then when you start playing the game, chain your foot to the power cord from the monitor, so when you (or one of your offsprings) get up and go (forgetting about switching the thing off and get the chain off), that thing gets yanked out and monitor goes to "sleep", that's gonna be about all you can do to save some erengy on your bill.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...
September 7, 2005 5:45:05 PM

haha

(\__/)
(='.'=) <A HREF="http://snipurl.com/fxwr" target="_new">Welcome to the House of Horrors, welcome to the House of a 1000 Corpses</A>
(")_(")
Related resources
September 8, 2005 4:43:45 PM

I don't think he's worried about saving energy... he's worried about burn-in or wear and tear.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>
!