Sign in with
Your question

New Power supply

Last response: in Components
March 10, 2005 8:27:54 PM

Heya, I was using a Thermaltake 480 watt silent purepower ps until yesterday, when it decided to die on me :)  I was wondering if any of you could give me a suggestion for a new ps to replace it. I'm currently using a 350 watt antec, but I'm not sure if it is enough to run what I have in the system currently. I would like to stay in the $100 or less range, but would like one that is fairly efficient.

System specs

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Socket 754)
DFI Lanparty UT NF3 250GB
1gb Corsair DDR400
Evga GeForce 6800 128 meg
80gb hdd ide(will be upgrading to sata raid soon)
Soundblaster Audigy2
Cd-rw drive and Dvd drive

Thanks!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by alth0r on 03/11/05 03:00 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

More about : power supply

March 11, 2005 7:34:58 PM

Is the PSU still under warrenty?? Can you get get it fix by Thermaltake?
March 11, 2005 9:39:07 PM

Fortron is one of the best price/performance PSU's on the market. Newegg had that same Thermaltake you had listed for $59.00 I dont know if it still is but check and see. Thats not a bad price.

READ THE STICKY AND WIN A PRIZE! ALL PRIZES CAN BE CLAIMED IN THE SECTION TITLED "THE OTHER"
March 12, 2005 12:30:48 AM

It is outof warranty(I've had the PS for several years). I had been looking at the Fortron Power supplies, and am leaning in the direction now, I think. The thermaltake brand is probably not one I would go back to any time soon, I had oddball reboots and such for a while now, all cleared up since the thing died. Anyway, thanks for the info/help guys!
!