Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Best gamepad for PC

Last response: in Video Games
February 3, 2012 1:58:55 PM

Looking for a new gaming controller for PC.I don't like crappy key and analog stick placement on xbox360 controller.So when considering beside xbox360 controller what are the other controllers have the highest compatibility ?

More about : gamepad

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
February 3, 2012 4:01:34 PM

other than xbox360 none stand out as particularly compatible. So, I'd recommend if you like PS2/3 controller over xbox get one of those with a usb adapter. Genuine console controllers are typically leaps and bounds better than any 3rd party cooked up ones.
February 3, 2012 4:04:22 PM

scoobydooX64 said:
Looking for a new gaming controller for PC.I don't like crappy key and analog stick placement on xbox360 controller.So when considering beside xbox360 controller what are the other controllers have the highest compatibility ?

Dude if you wan't compatibility there is not other choice, i recommend you, don't waste money on any other controller, take x-box controller and it will work on almost every game instantly.

About the analog placement, in less than a week you will get used and agree that the placement is more than correct on the controller.
Score
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
February 3, 2012 7:22:42 PM

I will vouch for the Logitech F310 gamepad which retails at 24.99. I pretty openly despise logitech's entire suite of peripherals, but their cheap gamepad actually has a good D-pad and analog sticks that don't get in the way of using that D-pad. It's cheap and provides a good experience.

The Madcatz Street Fighter Fightpad is probably the actual "best" gamepad for PC gaming right now. It copies the layout of the Sega Saturn controller and is reputed for having the best D-pad. It is not universally renowned for its durability though. It retails in the 35-40 dollar range.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
February 3, 2012 10:13:39 PM

madcats make ok joysticks but mediocre pads. there accurate il give em that but they break way to easy for the price you pay... seriously i have seen better build quality on a 3m £5 handset...
but if you want something that is good quality, cheap and modeled on the ps2 pad then the "logitech dual action" is the 1 for you, it really is a stand out model in there range. i have had mine for 5 years now and its still tight, accurate and showing no signs of wear. unlike the actual ps2 pads which last about 3 years b4 failing.

the problem is that if you try to play some e.a games or all GFWL titles you will have issues with any pad other than the 360 pad. both companies are guilty of gimping any none 360 controllers... on mirrors edge for instance you press up on the stick and the character on screen runs down(towards you instead of away) same for wheel-man and other titles...
plug in a 360 pand and the problem is gone...
you can get round this by applying the xinput hacked driver but its still a pain in the ass.

out of all the sticks and pads i have used over the years the logitech dual action is 1 of the best in my opinion... but thats just my experience... also im not heavy handed so that may explain why the pad has lasted so long.
Score
February 3, 2012 10:18:25 PM

The steelseries 3GC controller looks like a ps3 controller and even has the r3 and l3 buttons as options and have a built in rumble feature. I own and use it and have not had any problems with it. So you could look into one of those (i got mine at game stop)
Score
February 4, 2012 12:18:31 PM

Thanks for the quick and detail replies.Since console controllers are cheap,durable and compatible than any 3rd party controllers, i have decided to go with a console controller.

xbox controller is compatible with most games out of the box but don't like analog stick placement.
ps3 controller is the perfect combination but have to be use with emulator.

one more thing is there's a way to use wireless functionality of console controllers on PC.(xbox and ps3 both!)
Score
February 4, 2012 12:19:32 PM

Best answer selected by scoobydooX64.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
February 4, 2012 11:40:02 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!