DirectDraw Error Message

I need assistance with an error message that I now get after downloading a
game for my daughter. When I click on the game I get the message "Unable to
create DirectDraw Surface. Make sure that DirectX is installed and try
again." I do have DirectX installed and it is working properly. I've done all
the testing via the Diagnostic Tools. Not sure if space has anything to do
with it as I have plenty of it.

My daughter is eager to play her new game and I am unable to rectify this
problem myself. Any assistance given would be more than appreciated.

Thank You