Problem with Odyssey Client scan lists

My office uses the Odyssey Client for our corporate WLAN. To simplify
things, I also use it at home. It works fine both places. I'm using
it on Windows XP Home.

However, whenever I try to use an auto-scan list, it can't find the
office WLAN. It appears that it doesn't wait long enough. It finds my
home WLAN just fine when I'm in range, but I have never once had
success with the office WLAN this way.

Anybody seen this problem before? Is there a registry key I can set to
extend the timeout or something?

On 26 Aug 2005 06:33:11 -0700, syberghost@gmail.com wrote:

>My office uses the Odyssey Client for our corporate WLAN. To simplify
>things, I also use it at home. It works fine both places. I'm using
>it on Windows XP Home.
>
>However, whenever I try to use an auto-scan list, it can't find the
>office WLAN. It appears that it doesn't wait long enough. It finds my
>home WLAN just fine when I'm in range, but I have never once had
>success with the office WLAN this way.

Does your office LAN broadcast its SSID? This is an all too common
"security" measure that screws up the ability of wireless clients to
find the network.

You can usually pre-set a "profile" or something similar, with the
correct registry key installed, to bypass the search. Apparently,
you're already doing this.

>Anybody seen this problem before? Is there a registry key I can set to
>extend the timeout or something?

The access points typically beacon their SSID 10 times per second. I
don't think waiting longer is going to do anything useful.

Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
AE6KS 831-336-2558