Power Supply Connector Question

ugaman72

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2005
Hi guys...A quick question..I have a DFI LANPARTY NF4 Ultra-D Mobo that has the 24 pin connector. I need to buy a new PSU (the one I have is under powered as well as has the 20 pin connector). I'm looking on Newegg for one, and I need to know how I can make sure the PSU I buy has the 24 pin connector. It says that my Mobo needs an ATX12V version 1.1. Do all 1.1 versions have the 24 pin connector? Is there another way to find out? Anyone have a recommendation on a PSU that's "around" 400W and 50-75 bucks? Thanks again..you guys have to be the most knowledgeable anywhere!!!

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
<A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-104-934&depa=0" target="_new"> Fortron Source Blue Storm 500W </A>

A little over your price range but has the 24 pin and gives you room for future upgrades.

....WW (5.0)

G

I'm also buying that mobo (should arrive on weds) and I also bought the psu that WW recommended. The way I understand it, the atx 12v 2.0 will work fine on that mobo. BTW I believe all atx 12v 2.0 have the 24 pin connector, but if not there are adaptors available (although I believe DFI recommends against using them) :smile:

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Addict </b>!! </font color=green>
<i> <font color=red> One new Firefox fan </font color=red> </i>
<pre> Always remember to keep testicles away from live wiring </pre><p>