system failed, cpu test.

RobertR

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004
my new system AMD athlon64fx53, asus a8v deluxe, 2x 512mb ram, maxtor 130 gig drive, a 3.5 floppy, dvd burner, BFG 6800 Ultra with a innovatek block. Zalman reservator, gold cpu block. and two antec true power 430. one for video only.
green wire spliced. to both psu's

Actions done.

first power on and post. ok. went into bios and set the time and date. save and exit.
wait and wait and wait some more. nothing. no re post. no searching for boot device.
so I force power down, and switch off the psu's. count to 10. then power on.
the psu for system lets out a scream that nearlly made me wet myself.
after quickly switching the power off, count to 10. power on I get no video and then audio message "System Failed, CPU Test."
shutdown power.
cleared the bios using the jumper. reset, and power up, same message.
then I took the system to a computer shop and they checked it out. the system psu was regestering 12 volt. down to 8 volts then back up to 12 volts.
so bad psu was replaced.
and a bad stick of memmory. replaced also.
got the system back and return to top of this post and read AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

What am I doing wrong?

Folk's used to say: "Save your money for a Rainy day."
But then, when I do they say "It's to miserable to go out."

DCB_AU

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2002
Hmmm, maybe when PSU faulted it damaged other components.

Let me suggest you take the PC to a computer shop again and get a fixed quote on build/assembly. Any faulty part can damage components again and again if you do not isolate the fault correctly the next time.

Can you take all the parts back for refund, then go to another store a buy again. I would try a different combination of components the next time to be sure.

<font color=red><b>DCB</b></font color=red><font color=white><b>_</b></font color=white><font color=blue><b>AU</b></font color=blue>

RobertR

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004
tried a new MB, and same message. won't repost after entering the bios time/date. and power down/up it gives the message again. new memmory that was tested ok. video card was tested ok. cpu not sure.
new psu, out of the box.

Folk's used to say: "Save your money for a Rainy day."
But then, when I do they say "It's to miserable to go out."