Sign in with
Your question

Files from vista starter to win 7 help pls tnx

Last response: in Windows 7
October 7, 2010 5:57:55 PM

hi..im just new in this installation thing hope u can help me :) ) trying to install windows 7 from vista starter, im just worried that since it won't allow me to upgrade, only to "custom" install, it tells me that my files will be lost. I don't know if backing-up my files is enough not to lose any file. "Back-up" for me was placing all my files at drives c and d..the primary & the secondary storage i guess...i hope this info will suffice..haha sori i know how to use computers but zero in these kinds of issues :) ) responses will really be appreciated :) )
a b $ Windows 7
October 7, 2010 7:18:31 PM

joveninz said:
hi..im just new in this installation thing hope u can help me :) ) trying to install windows 7 from vista starter, im just worried that since it won't allow me to upgrade, only to "custom" install, it tells me that my files will be lost. I don't know if backing-up my files is enough not to lose any file. "Back-up" for me was placing all my files at drives c and d..the primary & the secondary storage i guess...i hope this info will suffice..haha sori i know how to use computers but zero in these kinds of issues :) ) responses will really be appreciated :) )

I don't think Vista Starter Edition is an upgradeable product. If you back up your files into any of those internal drives, chances are they will all be wiped in the new installation so it's important to put them safely outside the computer on memory sticks or an external hard drive.

m
l
October 8, 2010 8:40:46 PM

:)  thanks so much! : :D 
m
l
!